• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Radio wired to helmet speakers

rrosie@live.com

I appreciate help on another radio question. My 02 R1150rt has the radio kit w antena and wiring in the pocket, no bracket. I would like to install a radio either in the pocket or on a shelf mount and use helmet headset speakers that would be hardwired to the radio with 5 pin connector. I had a 2003 Voyager with the factory radio that the PO had set up this way and it was great. I do not want an itercom system, I just want to listen to music as i ride. i do not use an ipod so I want to stay with the radio. I actually enjoy using that time to keep up with what is going on in news and being able to change stations at will. I have headsets already so if it can be done this way i only have to get a suitable radio. Any advice on this solution. So far i have seen the Jensen HD910 and a Pyle w wired remote that seem to be a good solution if they would work with the wired hook up for headsets. thanks
randy in cincinnati

Back