• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Pittsburgh to the Florida Keys, Sugesstions.

D

disconnected

Hi, I have done this ride before with maps. Now I am much more so-Fisti-Kated with a GPS.

I will be traveling South. Saturday March 5th. I will want to be in Orlando March 6th.

Do you guys have any particular Roads or routes I should plug in my GPS. Last time I wandered through the Mountains and had a great time and popped out in Georgia somewhere.

In 06 I ended up in places like this... since then ive gone West.

trip005.jpg

greg

here's a quick one to wear out the sides of your tires and getya a little dirty.

some of these roads are at elevation, so check ahead for snow! (i have a reputation for that....)

this goes somewhat near that place in WNC i was telling you about.

and... it could *possibly* take you more than two days, depending on how hard core you are. :evil

ian

Unless you are taking secondary roads, which your schedule doesn't seem to allow, I would just hook up with the AmTrak Northeast Auto Train: Lorton, Virginia to Sanford, Florida.

http://www.amtrak.com/servlet/ContentServer?c=AM_Route_C&pagename=am/Layout&cid=1241245666320

BTW, when was the last time you visited Key West? I ask because KW has gone through some serious changes over the years.

The last time I rode through Key West, I found the place had been gentrified to point that is was almost unrecognizable.

Back