• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Finally some nice weather!

WU7X

Got to take the Dakar out for a little spin this afternoon. The temp got up to 42 deg., the sun was out, and the wind was blowing like mad! I think the bike liked the asphalt alright, but now is really looking forward to some dirt and gravel under those knobbies! Come on Spring!

Attachments

• Looking down the road.jpg
    Looking down the road.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 132
NW of Spokane

About two miles north of the Little Spokane River and a mile west of highway 395. To the east is a beautiful shot of Mt. Spokane. This is one of the few views of the road where it is straight! :D

Let me see if I can attach a pic of Mt. Spokane over the bike....

Attachments

• Bake & Barns.jpg
    Bake & Barns.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 108
nice. i've not been in that part of WA, i've been through the Palouse and points east toward Sand Point, ID.

great place to ride. :thumb

ian

Last week we had riding weather,

this week snow! I'm in the process of mounting a Pelican case on the Happy Trail rack behind my seat. I took this picture on 2/22. Notice a bit of snow on the ground? I woke up this morning 2/24 to over 8" of the white stuff covering the landscape, and the temp is hovering around 12 deg. F. Guess I'll have to work in the garage for another week or so until it warms back up around here. :whistle

nice. i've not been in that part of WA, i've been through the Palouse and points east toward Sand Point, ID.

great place to ride. :thumb

ian

Attachments

• Left rear view.jpg
    Left rear view.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 81

:ha

you know, in some other post here, someone wrote that whenever they took a ride, they always marked their map book with the roads they took.

i am nowhere near that organized, but thought that was a good idea so i went and bought some markers the other day and started re-tracing routes on last year's Rand McNally book.

ugh... man, the memory is the first thing to go. i can NOT remember all the places i've been and the roads taken... after 30 or so years, all these rides start blending together. :hungover

ian

Back