• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Zox nevado r svs modular helmet

I have a sox 4x magnum helmet and I love mine. Can't speak for this particular model though.

I bought a GMax based on the web bike reports. Excellent product.

Sometimes you take a gamble on the fit but the price is right. I've looked at the same model and may pull the trigger on one.

Can you have too many helmets?

I received my Zox Nevado R SVS modular helmet yesterday.

Fit, finish and comfort is very good. Flip action works very well and the dark dropdown visor deployed smoothly and leaves room for my glasses.

I have not ridden with it yet to check stability and noise levels. This will happen tomorrow.

If anyone is interested (or not), I will post a ride report tomorrow. For $79.95 from Comp Acc, it seems like quite a bargain.

Zox helmet ride report

First the helmet is lite. Not for a modular but for a helmet. It is also totally stable at 80 miles per. The flip down sun shield is easy to use with gloves, however it could retract a little higher, but not a big deal. Flip up works easily with gloves.

Ventilation could be better, but if it gets warm I will just raise the shield and drop down the sun shield.

Now for the biggie (for me) the noise/wind level. Not too loud and with ear plugs, not an issue. Much quieter then a Nolan N102 I demoed last year.

To sum up, for $79.95 it is one he'll of a helmet. In fact if I paid twice as much I would be satisfied. I hope this may help someone.

I also have this helmet and was surprised at the quality for the price. I really like how easy it is to remove both of the visors for cleaning and or replacement. Not to mention the fact that you can get parts to fix anything on the helmet.

This reminds me I need to order a darker inner visor. Mine came with the lighter one.

Back