• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Mid-South ride, eat, and meet

'Amigo'

Picture 084.jpg
Ed Culberson's R80GSPD on display back in the day. Was kinda famous in the BMW circles when Ed was alive and promoting his book 'Obsessions Die Hard'.
Picture 086.jpg
Picture 087.jpg
Glad I got his signed book. Nice guy and very interesting to talk to about his bike and travels. Got my picture with him somewhere, gotta find it.

Just got my Anonymous Book. I see where my town Marion, Ar. has doubled it's population of MOA members from 1 to 2. We're on a role. :thumb

BMW Memorabilia

I'm allways looking for neat BMW stuff. Found this license plate and surround at the BMW car dealer in Memphis. The BMW small bolts from a motorcycle stuff dealer in Daytona.
Picture 110.jpg
Cool, hangs in the living room. Yes, Id rather be riding.
Picture 112.jpg
Years ago. Vernon the old gemtle man who left me the motorcyles also gave me a parts cleaner. There was a pile of BMW stuff next to it. This licence plate was a part of it. Thanks Vernon, I like BMW stuff. :thumb

The Chicken Rally-Alabama

Picture 116.jpg
Found this old chicken key chain; given out out the Rocket City Rally. I know I got a few more somewhere. Used to see quite a few on BMW motorycles at a lot of southern rally's, back in the day. Miss that rally, the chicken dinner not so much.:)

RA National in Tn. 2007

Picture 117.jpg
Ran across this flyer. Seems like it was just a couple of years ago. Being at the Biltmore estate, obviously a beautiful place in the mountains. Seems like I remember walking a lot up and down the hill to different events. Yep, gotta get back in shape to do the rallies. Someone asked me about motorcycles and rallies and what's important. A good pair of walking and hiking shoes and or boots is high on the list. Blisters on your feet will definately kill a good rally experience. Rallies are walk, talk, sit, walk, talk; sit repeat in any order. Some times occasionally ride your motorcycle. :)

When the RA National at the Biltmore Estate was over, the flyer in a picture frame was left in a trash can at the regisration area. I was headed down the road, stopped and went back and got it. It was just to nice to end up in a dump. OK, I'm a pack rat. That was such a beautiful place for a rally. Glad I rescued the print and frame.

Just out on the hiway, running some freight. Been over to Ft. Worth, stopped in to see Perry and Carrie Bushong to check out some vintage bikes. Had a good visit with Keith, vintage tech. One bike kinda stood out, a R80ST. Pretty nice, I've got on to freshen up. Just down the road, stopped in to the Eurosport dealer. Lot of neat bikes. Looks like they had a lot of nice used bikes on the floor. Looks like a buyers market. :thumb I'm down in Larado, seems like a town with a lot of nice folks. Havn't seen one BMW on the road. Maybe I'll see you on the road.

gulfcoastmotorcycle

IMG_1057[1].jpg

Met up with Dustin the sales rep at Gulf Coast Motorcycles. Were he showed me the awesome Motus MST!!

Had a nice visit at GulfCoast Motorcycles-BMW, cool old school dealer. Every body there is friendly, happy and it ain't for show. Joshua 'Fat' Varney in motorcycle sales had a nice sit down discussion on bikes. Gina Hardy in apparel and helmets always rides iron an head Sportster, and Dustin Vaughn tried to sell me the really cool Motus. Yes, Dustin you could sell the bike, if I had $30,000 laying around burning a hole in my pocket. As is, I'll just get along fine with what I got; all my old airheads. Besides a MST ain't good enough, gotta have the MST R. Carbon Fiber Wheels, 180 hp, red valve covers for me. Made/assembled in Birmingham, Al.,USA; not UK. That's remarkable in itself. Thx guys, I had a great visit.

Spent the night in Channelview,Texas at the Flying J. My home away from home. About a block down the street I seen a bar with a few bikes outside. I was through for the day, so I thought maybe a cold one was on order. I meandered down, when I got there the lot was full of bikes, mostly famous brand X. Tattoo's, piercings, club patches and rockers were the norm. Bandidoes, Mescoleros, Pirates, Dragons, Rattle Snakes,and so on. Found a couple of old dudes in the corner and sit with them. Ordered a round for my new buds, what's the occasion I asked. Answer was it's Mexico's great national holiday 'Cinco de Drinko'.Who was I to argue the point or discuss the fine art of history. It was bottoms up for Mexican Independence or what ever they were celebrating. Biker's; Ya gotta love'em. Or not. :dunno:hungover

All over parts of Texas; Fort Worth, Larado, Houston. Small towns Bridgeport, Roanoke, Beeville, Channelview, Baytown, Rosharon, Iowa Colony. Met a lot of nice folks. People just trying to live their lives and make ends meet. Went to three different churches in three different towns, met some good Christian folks, thx for sharing your church and faith. Good to be back home fork a few days. :wave

Gulf Coast Motorcycles

Picture 154.jpg
Picture 161.jpg
Picture 153.jpg
After visiting with Dustin on one side of the dealership, moved over to the other side. Met up with Met Joshua 'Fat' Varney in Sales. Told him about meeting Dustin and seeing the Motus MST. Yea The MST, is pretty good and Dustin, a cool dude, But I can top that. The even more awesome MST R. More power, lighter weight, lots of carbon fiber, Red valve covers. Now we're talkin. Love the looks of these bikes, bring a fat wallet if your interested in buying one. Ain't none on my street.

Gina Hardy- Apparel and Helmets

Picture 171.jpg
Picture 172.jpg
Gina said she's a hard core rider and her '71 iron head HD sporty does the deal. :thumb

Picture 170.jpg
Met up with Fidel, multitasking employee. He was everywhere doin stuff. He said he had cleaned this Toaster more than a couple of times for a customer. Pleasant fellow, loved talking about his family. Wished I had his energy.

Old School Dealer

Picture 156.jpg
Picture 157.jpg
Picture 158.jpg
Old British iron. They look cool. Ain't man enough to own and maintain one. Now one of the newer ones, that might be doable.

Back