• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Mid-South ride, eat, and meet

Blues City Cafe

Picture 752.jpg
Kinda forgettin the original intent of the thread. Ride Eat Meet. I met my brother Gary at Beale St. last Wendesday and enjoyed Bike nite. We chowed down for a late dinner at Blues City Cafe. We both ordered 1/2 slab of ribs. Excellent, tasty, plate of ribs. Was way more than I could eat. Gotta a 2nd meal the next day at home. Highly recommend this restaurant if your downtown or on Beale. :thumb:thumb up. Their motto, 'Put some South in Your Mouth'. I agree. Picture is my brother diggin in.

New Used Intregal Bags.

The bags finally arrived today. Jackson, mountainista, have been dealing on these bags for about a month. I guess a mixup in the mail delayed delivery, thebags arrived today. Feels like Christmas. Jackson was righton about the bags. My old bags are still usable, but they have been rode hard and put up wet. I'm in the slow process of freshening up my old '87 K100 RT. I've ditch the fairing and building a plain K100. Gotta lot of new/used pieces to redo it. Anxious to get it togather.

Blues City Cafe.

Blues City Cafe 138 Beale Street Memphis Tn. 38103 901 526 3637 At the corner of Beale and South Second They also have a full line of nitely entertainment. 2 thumbs up.

1987 K100RT to K100

I'm the 2nd owner. Got it back in the mid Nineties, 3rd owner. Got it with about 2400 miles on OD, basically new type condition. Bags, barbacks, and tank bag, Corbin solo seat basically like new condition. Ditched the barbacks. Added stereo, fender extensons, heated grips, soft luggage, Corbin Canyon 2-up seat. 4-way flashers, K-Tail-2 rear lites. headlite guard, rear racks, crash bars. flip a lever, other stuff. Bought a 'R1100RS. Rode both. Finally decided to let the K go. The od reads 48,000 and change. Not much interest. Basically was just going to give it away; I was injoying the oilhead. Sport riding was in. Now my hips are starting to give out, got a little sore riding sport bike style. Went back over an got to looking at the K. Did a + and - minus evaluation. Likes and dislikes. I thought the fairing was beautiful but it didn't fit me. I'm 6'2 tall. I constantly banged my knees on the lower fairing. Wore the paint out on the lower fairing where my knees rubbed it off. I added crash bars and hiway pegs. Never liked having to fit my legs around the fairing to get to the hiway pegs. Rode with my knees on the pegs with my knees taking a beating. Liked the usable 90 hp. Didn't like the K100 buzz, tolorated the engine heat, Liked the RT ergonomics; hand, butt, foot position. Started getting serious sbout making a plain K100. Picked up a k75/100 spotlamp kit. K100 windshield set. I can live with buzz and I believe the heat won't be as bad with the fairing gone. Now all I need is a late model K75 headlite bucket and lite assembly to complete the transformation. Any way it's my plan.

I've also picked up a radiator surround and I'll get my Progressiveshock rebuilt. Looking at the pics here you see my rear brake fluid reservoir is all faded and cracked up. I JB welded it up. gotta new one to install. it never ends. I need to get the fairing listed in the Flea Market to get the funds together to buy the head light bucket assembly. Like I said it never ends. :scratch

Bass Pro Shop/ Ducks Unlimited/Downtown Memphis

Bass Pro Shop has been open at the Pyrimid for over a month now. It's had a major impact on Memphis, downtown, infact the whole region. My brother is a sales employee there. He works mainly in the archery department. He said it was time for me to to check it out. Off we went.

A little history

Picture 770.jpg
Hard to believe, but I got to see the building as it was built many years ago, on a day to day basis. Passed it going to and from work. It was impressive back then. Got to visit it during it's grand opening something like 20 years ago. it was the home of the Memphis Tigers and Memphis Grizzilies basketball teams. Many other events held here concerts, conventions truck and tractor pulls. They built the new Fed Ex Forum, The teams moved to it. The other events dwindled. Went to the last big event here. The famous Art of the Motorcycle. Went several times. After that the Pyrimid was shut down.

Bass Pro Shop showed interest in it and after many years of negociations and development it finally opened. it's been a hit.

Elevator goes up to the overlooks. I think they charge 10 bucks to ride up. And I believe a restaurant is in the works up there.

Back