• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Mid-South ride, eat, and meet

Hi Barry, I'm Mickey Causey from Jonesboro ar. I've been reading your threads for awhile now & been meaning to come over & introduce myself, just haven't made it. I'm planning to ride to St. Paul & wondering if you will be going to the national. If you are I'd like to visit with ya. If you can't make it I'll holler at ya later. Mickey

Mickey, very little chance of making the national. At home taking care of invalid mother. Enjoy all the festivities. Are you a MOA member? I'm in the anonymous book and I think I'm the only listing for Marion. Will hook up after the national. I'm a member of both the Naturally Beemers of Ar. and the BMWRAMS. Feel free to post anytime on this thread. Barry ps Glad there is another BMW rider in East Ar.

Barry. I joined the MOA just before I rode up to the national at Sedalia 2 yrs ago. I've been riding an 09 rt a little over 3 yrs now. I've got an 81 rt but got some issues with it. I'm looking at a really nice r75/5 too. Been an airhead since Sedalia. I'll try to come over your way when I get back from St. Paul. I've put over 40k miles on bikes in the last 5 yrs & the trip to Sedalia was my longest ride until last weekend. I rode 1400 miles to Hendersonville NC & back. If your bored & nothing to do sometime check out my post on bmwlt.com - rt series - 1st trip. See ya later
Mickey

Bikes on Beale St. My Kinda Place.

Beale St. is unique. Definately worth a visit. Sensory overload. Bikes, music, food, adult beverages, people.:thumb:thumb

Eric Hughes 2 pics

Was lookin at the pic of Eric on his flyer and the live pic inside at Flynn's, almost carbon copies. Thought it was kinda neat.

Another Eric Pick

Beale  Sreet 07-16-14 019.jpg
Was at Eric's CD release last year. Got a commenerative pick and forgot about it. Found it yesterday in the bottom of the washing machine. Fell out of my Draggin Jeans. Thought it was a neat coinscidence. Another Eric Pick. Probably at least 500 in attendence at his CD release. Was a special night. Thx Eric

Took a freight run down to Canton, Ms.. Coming back home I stopped in to see some old friends of mine , Paul and Edna. Paul invited me out to the shop to see his 2 latest builds. A '46 Harley flat head eighty and a bitsa Ariel single. The Harley he painted the same color as his Bonneville record holder salt flat '31 Ford flat head. Paul really does some nice work, engine building, machining, painting, fabbing, forming, bending, all of it. Thx, Paul for the visit. :thumb Paul just got thru rebuilding one of Udo Geitl's early '70's BMW 750 racers. Already shipped out, so I missed seeing that.

Friday Hanger Day

Beale  Sreet 07-16-14 023.jpg
Brad Smith finishes a major service on his RT. He just got back from a little ride around Alaska, Canada, and back home to Tennessee. Bike looks like it's showroom fresh. Good job, Brad.

Attendee's heading home

Was driven back from West Memphis on I-55 heading home to Marion. Drove past to 2 loaded down BMW's headed south. Yep, 2 riders headed home from the National. Good for them, sure wished I could have been there. Maybe next year. :(

Back