• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Mid-South ride, eat, and meet

Shelby Forest General Store

Just north of Memphis. Kinda like the Rock Store in LA; just no Jay Leno. :groovy. One of several popular biker stops in the weekend riding around Memphis. I've been riding my bike and notorcycles here for over 30 years. Met Derek on his newly purchased K1100 on the way in. Talked to the guys on the GS's a little later. Challanged the Ducati to a slow race. He was up for it. A folk/country band was settin up to play some tunes. Derek is new to the area; took him over to Shake Rag where they had probably 50 bikes on the lot. Then over to the winery for a taste session. Derek said all the stops are now on his list of weekend stops. Yea, Jay come on over I'll let you ride SilverSnail and you let me ride maybe the Brough Superior or the Crocker.:hug

RAMS sendoff

The Rams are meeting at the Ar. Welcome Center in West Memphis for a group ride over to Marble Falls, Ar. for this months meeting of the club. A second group will meet at the same time and place on Friday for their ride over. Fixxen to head over there and give the first group a sendoff. Wish I could go, but got other responsibilities this weekend.

RAMS Send Off #2

Went back to the W. Memphis Welcome Center this mourning and met 4 of the Rams headed to the Hubb in Marble Falls. Man, I'd sure like to ride over there. Guess I'll head over to the hanger and help Rick on something.

The Hub-Mid America's Motorcycle Resort

Address: #1 Dogpatch Dr. Marble Falls, Ar. 72648 or PO#165 870 743 4062 local or 800 597 9963 www.hub info.com Some info on the HUB. Wish I was there this weekend.

Never Ending Riding Diversions

My AC ain't workin properly. I can live with it, but my mother is suffering. A buddy was going to come after church and find the problem. Washing the laundry this mourning I had water on the floor. Got the sewer snake out and went to work. Got done a little after 12:00. my buddy called and he won't be over till 3 or 4 pm. Bike ride today may not happen. :banghead

John's Place

John's been havin a little get togather at his place the last couple of years. Had a good time Yesterday, but I got called a way early due to a emergency back home. John's got a nice collection of Indians and some other stuff. John's been retired for a couple of years and is just now getting to really work on getting his collection in better shape. The black '72 FL Harley is mine. Inheritance from a friend. Hope to get started on it after the CBB project is done. I've done several nice BMW's, but never a Harley. We'll see how that goes. Neat to see those Indians from the teens, 20's, 30's. John also a couple of big fendered Chief's in his house under resto. He's got his hands full.

Back