• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Mid-South ride, eat, and meet

'40 Harley EL

Peter Guldan's fat tired Knucklehead. What Americans were riding pre WWII. Peter has one of the finist collections of motorcycles in the Midsouth. Peter's bikes are over the top and have been featured in several prominent magizines. Generally he rides Harleys and Indians; but BMW's and Nortons haved graced his collection at various times. I like lookin at American eye candy. Some of his bikes have been featured in 'Classic Bike', where they claimed he was the world's fussiest restorer. My favorite is which ever bike I see him on. He also has some nice scoots. Quite a site to see him riding them. He's 6'6" 250lbs.

You should ride on down to Denton, NC for the Southern National Meet of the AMCA. It's in its 5th year, now. Good camping, great site. Weekend of May 18th. Runs from Thursday through Sunday, with show on Sunday am.

Thx, Joe, I'll check it out. Hard for me to travel as of late due to taking care of elderly invalid mother. I know I would like it.

All kinds of bikes on Beale. Saw this S1000RR, never saw the rider. This scooter with trailer got a lot of attention. An elderly gentleman that seemed to be a bit shakey was the rider. Several guys pulled his scooter out to the street and he got on. It appeared to be a little to much for him. Hope he made it home, ok. It was a nice night out on Beale. We're fortunate to have a nice event like this every Wendesday nite. Gotta be one of the neatest bike nites in the USA.

Boxer Vest

A lady approached me last nite and wanted a pic of the back of my vest. I obliged her. She got the pic of the vest and the back of my head. Shewas fasinated by the bike night. She was Holland and she said her husband rode a BMW. My vest and the back of my head will be seen in Holland. My vest is more famous than me.

Beale on 4/23

Hi Barry,

My friend Jay & I passed by and talked with you for a while on Beale on Wednesday night. it was nice meeting you and seeing your bike. I have a 2013 K1600GT and Jay has a 2007 K1200S. You talked about the RAMS club, and I found the site and signed up as a member. Hope to see you again!

Cheers,

Bob

Memphomaniac Wow.

Concrats on joining the club. This club has alot of dedicated BMW riders of all types, sizes, and shapes. I think you will find it a good fit. I like the bikes you ride, no big deal as I like all BMW motorcycles. Now their owners that's another matter. Just teasin. Look forward to seein Ya'll at some of the meetings and rides. And definently on Beale. :thumb

Day to Ride it's Perfect. Sat. April 26

The Old Bike Club has a group ride this mourning from east Memphis on 64 Highway to Somerville, Tn.; to the Hutt. My buddy Marshall is taking pics of the ride. I'm sure a good contingent of the Rams wil be in attendence. The Memphis Kings scooter club will have a ride this mourning from downtown Memphis to to Mason, Tn for lunch at Gus's chicken. I want to ride on both, but I'll be home today being a caregiver.

Hanger Flyboy/ FedEx Pilot Adresses MSCC Aviation Studentsi

Congratulations to Brad Smith FedEX Captain/Pilot for addressing Mid-South Community College recently. Brad told the young future pilots and aviation trainee's about the great future of the aviation industry and how they will be a big part of it. Brad has been a highly successful pilot and employee of FedEx. I can vouch for Brad as he has been a very positive part of the Hanger Fyboys at the West Memphis Friday hanger tech days. Brads tech grasp of all BMW's from a tech point of view is over the top and his ability to teach and detail his info to the less tech savy is to be commended. Brad was featured in the Crittenden CountyTimes in picture and text,Tuesday April 29 2014. Page 7 Brad is an exemplary example of the BMW motorcycle riding family.:usa:german

Bikes on Beale to Night.

Bikes on Beale. I know it, broken record. I have a full time job and a 2nd full time job taking care of an invalid parent. I can't get to far from home on a motorcycle, so Beale St. bike night is a doable deal for me.

Congratulations to Brad Smith FedEX Captain/Pilot for addressing Mid-South Community College recently. Brad told the young future pilots and aviation trainee's about the great future of the aviation industry and how they will be a big part of it. Brad has been a highly successful pilot and employee of FedEx. I can vouch for Brad as he has been a very positive part of the Hanger Fyboys at the West Memphis Friday hanger tech days. Brads tech grasp of all BMW's from a tech point of view is over the top and his ability to teach and detail his info to the less tech savy is to be commended. Brad was featured in the Crittenden CountyTimes in picture and text,Tuesday April 29 2014. Page 7 Brad is an exemplary example of the BMW motorcycle riding family.:usa:german

I'll have to tell Brad I saw this. I work at FedEx in the flight training dept.

Unfortunately, I don't think I can make Beale tonight.

Brad 2 Thumbs Up

Yep, Brad deserves all the credit for his accomplishesments, he's a good guy. Hope those young skulls full of mush were payin attention. I see my spelling and proof reading needs some work. :laugh Didn't make it over to Beale tonight either. The duty of home health care was more important.

Back