• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Mid-South ride, eat, and meet

R9T Scrambler

Picture 5284.jpg
Cool!
Picture 5315.jpg
Picture 5316.jpg
Perfect fit. Yea, I know I couldn't resist. Perfect for Bikes on Beale Street; it's the cat's meow.

Picture 5321.jpg
UhOh, somebody set on the bike. I don't know anything about it. It's our little secret. Our Lips Are Sealed. That would be The GoGo's. :scratch:dunno

I see your a Cruiser guy. I never owned one. Back when they first came out I test rode one back at the old St. Louis Motorrd with Bob Odell around '98. . Thought they were pretty cool. Most of the newer renditions were basically cosmetic makeovers. Was waiting to see of a newer model with more power and a lttle different stylin. Never happened, then BMW pulled the plug on the whole deal. Kinda sad really; Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda. Now their a footnote in history. I guess if I want a newer bigger V-twin, Moto Guzzi 1400 might be the deal. :)

Nice /2 Sidecar Outfit with a Late Model Airhead Engine.

Picture 5294.jpg
The side car was put togather by the team at Grassroots BMW. The hack was purchased Dale Carlton and his wife from the Tulsa Ok. area; nice folks. Here Dale is in the chair and Don Quales was giving him a complimentary ride.
Picture 5292.jpg
The bike will be shipped back to Ok. and I know it will be lovingly cared for and ridden by the Carltons. They both had big smiles on their faces. Congrat's Ya'll on your new sidecar. That is one nice outfit.

Pictorial BOOk Of the Sidecar Outfit

Picture 5308.jpg
Picture 5309.jpg
Picture 5310.jpg
Cool, pics of the engine being built. Nice engine stand. Stout, heavy duty, sturdy. My buddy has been looking for pics of a stand like this.

Picture 5311.jpg
Picture 5312.jpg
Ron's going to love this. This stand will work with engine blocks and trannys. I'm a cool super sleught. I'm on top of things. Wait a cotton picking minute, that engine and tranny was built right here in this shop. Where is it. I looked all over the shop and no stand. Grbbed one of the tech's, where's the engine stand? Whe're You hiding it? :scratch:dunno

No problem, Super Sleugh, here it is in the closet. My head dropped in shame. Thanks I mumbled.
Picture 5297.jpg
Picture 5298.jpg
Picture 5299.jpg
Flips up and down and pivots around to get to all sides and ends.

I guess that's enougfh of that. Ron's a good machine builder, but like he says, I'll copy anything that I think is a good design.

Early R100 GS 'Bumble Bee'

Picture 5296.jpg
I gotta thing for early 100GS's. This one's a little rough, But GS's are supposed to be rough, dirty, sturdy, rugged. Most I see are to clean and pristeen. If this one could talk it probably has some good tales to tell.

Big Thanks

Just wanted to say Thanks to all the associates of Grass Roots BMW. It's like home away from home. It's more of a family. I'm a history buff. Cape Girardeau is like a time capsule to the past. Louisiana Purchase, westen explorers, pioneers, Lewis and Clark, Mark Twain, on and on. Thx again, Barry.

Picture 5356.jpg
The last tag off my venerable '71 R50/5 . Now at a new home with a good owner.
Picture 5358.jpg
A little BMW memorabilia
My hands around the roundel does look a little errie.

American Music Tour-The Mid-South

The history of American music is engrained in all of us. We grew up listening to it. The Mid-South was one of the great centers of this history. Blues, Soul, Rockbilly, early Rock and Roll and all it's roots here. West Tennesse, North Mississippi, And East Arkansas was a big part of it with Memphis, Tn. being the hub of it all. The music migration to Memphis was inevitable due to the economic dynamics of the region. Music was a way for many to get out of southern poverty. A lot of the early music pioneers of the region migrated to the industrial area of the north, especially around Detroit. The famous Detroit sound was due in large part to those early music pioneers who found a better way of life in the famous music centers there. But a lot of them got their start in the Mid-South. Sun Records with Sam Phillips was the most famous as was Stax Records, all in Memphis.

Back