• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Mid-South ride, eat, and meet

RAMS March meeting

Sat. March 8, Oldtimers Restaurant 7918 C St. Millington, Tn. The Green Room Lunch at 12:00 meeting at 1:30pm The name of the restaurant matches the club, perfect . Time to get out of the house after the great ice storm. Everyone welcome to join us.

Excellent meeting in Millington with the Rams. I think over 30 members in attendence, and most of them rode in. Great way to get over winter cabin fever.

Last Edition

Left the meeting in Millington, and drove south and stopped at Old Millington Winery. I noticed the BMW parked in back. A '84 R100RS Last Edition. Perry, the owner of the winery, done pulled the trigger. I got him to come around and set on his bike. He got a nice clean runner. Good job, Perry.

Old Millington Winery

Anyone who's in the Memphis, Tn area and the surrounding area looking for a nice ride, this is a good choice. About 15 miles north of Memphis just off Highway 51 and a couple miles south of Millington. Pastoral setting, great for picnics. They have a music venue on Sundays schdule for the Spring/Fall season. Small entrance fee. Family freindly. I like the off days myself. Excellent selection of wine, Perry and Carrie Welch are very freindly hosts. Close to Shelby Forrest so there is some fine riding close by. http://oldmillingtonwinery.com/ 901 873 4114

Fools on the Hill Rally

Some of the Naturally Beemers are headed over to Russellville/Dardenelle to Mt. Nebo to the Fools on the Hill Rally. Sponsored by the Ar. Moto GuzziClub. End of Winter Rally. riding up and down Mt. Nebo is kinda of famous for it's tight turns. Never been, allways wanted to go. Headin over to the Friday hanger tech session.

Cross Country Ride

If your in the Midsouth area looking for a ride and eat this weekend Saturday Feb 19., this is it. Memphis, Tn. is the center of the midsouth. The BMW RAMS are having a get to gather just north of Memphis in Kerrville. Their meeting at Pig-N-Whistle Restaurant. 6084 Kerr-Rosemark Rd. This is on the north side of Millington on the west side of Hwy 51. About 2 miles, off 51 down to the restaurant. Their tel.# 901 8722455. Be there for lunch at 12:00. The Rams will have their Feb. meeting at 1:30 Time to get your bike out and ride and eat. Temps Saturday are to be in the mid 60's and no rain, sleet or snow in the forecast. This place known for good BBQ.:eat Rams will be out in force showing off their cool scoots.:clap

Going to be riding through TN the end of April. Leaving from Mesa AZ heading toward Boston. Is their anything happening at that time of the month? Pete

Peterbeatrice, The Naturally Beemers have their rally in Morrilton, Ar. The Natural State Rally, May 16-18 more info in the Owners's News. The BMWRAMS have 2 monthly meetings/campouts in Ar. April12-14 Wynne,Ar. and May10-12 in Marble Falls, Ar. at the Hubb. The BMWRAMS have their own website with more info. You would be welcome at any of these events. Let me know if you need more info. I also know some excellent riding roads that cross the state of Ar. from west to east if your interested. Most of the roads in east Ar. are flat farmland. West Tn. has some nice pastoral type of roads, but nothing really outstanding.

WindBlownAmyakaMsPresident

Was over at Barnes@Noble the other day. Lookin thru the motorcycle mags and came across Rider with an article entitled Riding Around WindblownAmy, Artist, rider, survivor. Nice article on Amy. 20 years ago she was a member of the Naturally Beemers and a past president of the club. Last I heard she had move back home to Ohio. Glad to she was still alive and riding. This article had her up in Alaska still riding a BMW sidecar hack. Has a picture of her with her MOA 200,000mile placque/award. Good for her. I see she's still the artist. Back in the day, I bought a stack of her greeting cards with BMW motorcycles drawn on them. I meant to mail them out to friends, but I liked them so much I couldn't part with them. 20 years ago I was headed west to the Indian Nations Rally in Oklahoma on I-40 and came up behind her on her side car 'Rigadoon'. She exited off and came to a stop. I pulled up behind her to find out what was going on. shesaid her bike wasn't running properly. I think I adjusted her valves and points and got her going. We rode on to the rally. Glad to see she's still alive and kickin and riden.

1971 r50/5

My first motorcycle. Bought in 1985 in like new condition with 724 miles in the od. Perfect first bike. :thumb

Rode this bike to many local rallies, rides and campouts. Probably the 2 rides that stand out the most was riding the R50 to the Duquion, Il. MOA National in 1992. That same year I hauled a vintage race car out to Phoenix, Az. for a buddy to compete in the Copperstate 1000 vintage car rally. He drove Ol Yeller #7 and I rode the R50. Great ride thru the deserts, plateaus, mountains, and the Grand Canyon. Another hilite was getting a free beer on the house at the Burro Inn in No Place or is that No Name. One or the other, whatever. Ol Yaller was a hell of a racecar. Built by Max Balchowsky, one of the greatest builders of one off roadrace rally grand prix race cars of all time.

Back