• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Sure as heck wish I had $8750!

grafikfeat

Damn Economy! :bluduh

28835_2003ywfMuvysKvOK.jpg

Nice Rig For Sale.

Cue up Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass "If I were a Rich Man"

Dang thats a sweet looking rig :bikes

There are a lot of details in the airhead outfit that don't immediately show, but add considerably to the usefulness. For instance, the leading link is not only reinforced, it has pivot holes that allow repositioning for standard trail, for riding as a two wheeler.

The air precleaner attaches to an airbox top with a flange at the rear instead of the two snouts pointing forward. The precleaner box fits in the toolbox area, using a dirt bike foam filter element that's very easy to remove and clean. Or, if it's not going to be a dusty ride, the stock airbox top snaps in place. However, I've found that the extra volume of the precleaner seems to help performance.

Both the rear and sidecar brakes are mechanical, operated by side-by-side pedals. Acceptable braking without the complexity and maintenance problems of hydraulics. Front brakes are ATE hydraulic with SS lines.

The spoked wheels have 3.5" offroad Sun rims laced to the BMW hubs with heavy gage SS spokes. For off pavement, 4:00 x 18 knobbies front and rear. The sidecar wheel is a matching Sun rim with ss spokes. It's a bit wider than the stock Ural rim.

pmdave

Last edited:
Bike is listed on the Flea Market section and belongs to David Hough, member of the AMA Hall of Fame.

Best known for his writing about riding safety, because he is the best!

Hmm, if only the seller would consider a trade; say for a 93 GSPD with less than 10k original miles. :stick If only.

Moderator interruption-Guys, re the posting guidelines on wanted to buy and wanted to sell in the main forum area-you know its not allowed. Please take any buying and selling to private message or e-mail. Thanks, Gary

My apologies to the moderator for indadvertently poking at the envelope. I wouldn't want to be a reason for limiting the sidecar/trike forum. The forum moderators should be respected.

pmdave

Back