Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: Boots for touring and general stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by GlobalRider View Post
    You mean like in ABS.
    Yeah... Right. Like ABS. Right. You got it. Just like ABS.

I keep forgetting that I'm talking to guys who send their oil off to be analyzed.

I'll never learn.

>click<

Quote Originally Posted by BCKRIDER View Post
    I echo Deilenberger's positive remarks on BMW Allround boots. (See his post #15.) My feet have been happy from around freezing to about 100 F.
    I have size 13 A-width feet, and I challenge anyone to find me a pair of motorcycle boots in that size.

My lace-up boots tend to be uncomfortable because of the bend at the ankles while riding, where it feels like the laces are digging into my ankles.

The best I could do was to purchase BMW Allround boots in size 48. I just got them and haven't had a chance to try them out yet, but the boots are roomy enough for me to wear heavy socks in cold weather. They seem flexible enough to be comfortable on the bike, and being fairly light in weight, I should have less problem walking around in these admittedly too-wide boots.

I resigned myself to the fact that I will never find a pair of riding boots that are made in my size.

Harry
    Last edited by AKsuited; 04-18-2011 at 03:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GrafikFeat View Post
    I keep forgetting that I'm talking to guys who send their oil off to be analyzed.

I'll never learn.

>click<
    Now that is FUNNY!

All in good jest, I hope you don't take me seriously... I mean no harm!
    Phil W2GE
    2010 R1200RT 2011 Husqvarna TE310 'Woods-Weapon'
    New Sweden BMW Riders
    iPhone5-> Zumo 660->SENA SMH10, Nuvi 500,

Quote Originally Posted by DRw2ge View Post
    Now that is FUNNY!

All in good jest, I hope you don't take me seriously... I mean no harm!
    Of course not!

AlpineStars 233507 Gortex. Had them for about a year and have done well from 30 degree F up to the 90's.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by grafikfeat View Post
    i keep forgetting that i'm talking to guys who send their oil off to be analyzed.

I'll never learn.

>click<
    Still chuckling!
    Kevin Greenwald - MSF RiderCoach # 121656 (BRC,SBRC,IS,IME,SMARTrainer)
    Nationally Certified Law Enforcement Motor Officer (Ret.) / IBA Member #34281
    Motorcycle & High Performance Driving Instructor - ROAD AMERICA Race Track

While visiting a dealer in Milwaukee, I saw BMW's new sneakers. The dealer had not gotten his shipment in but he had a pair to show me.

They look more like sneakers than the old ones. If you want something for summer that you use for riding or waling around, these could be nice.

They are not on the BMW website yet.
    Nardowell
    Hoa Binh (Peace)
    Vietnam '69 and '70
    2012 R1200R classic

Quote Originally Posted by AKsuited View Post
    I have size 13 A-width feet, and I challenge anyone to find me a pair of motorcycle boots in that size.

My lace-up boots tend to be uncomfortable because of the bend at the ankles while riding, where it feels like the laces are digging into my ankles.

The best I could do was to purchase BMW Allaround boots in size 48. I just got them and haven't had a chance to try them out yet, but the boots are roomy enough for me to wear heavy socks in cold weather. They seem flexible enough to be comfortable on the bike, and being fairly light in weight, I should have less problem walking around in these admittedly too-wide boots.

I resigned myself to the fact that I will never find a pair of riding boots that are made in my size.

Harry
    Robin Williams once said " Big hands & big feet, you ladies know what that means..... thats right, .................... big gloves, big shoes!"

I also have pontoon sized feet and finding a shoe/boot that is wearable in any condition is a challenge. Good gear is expensive so finding the right garment can be a risky crap shoot at best. Lace ups like my Jordans or hiking shoes (Vosque) are very light, form fitting and comfotable but the sole is too big and neither have enough ankle or any shin protection. Im not comfotable with the laces either as they catch on bike bits.

After looking for a long time, I ended up getting a pair of Sidi Combat lights and really like them but, again, they are like wearing a Higgins Landing Craft on each foot. From this experience I now know that what I am really looking for is a waterproof, breathable and form fitting boot that is engineered extremely efficient with respect to itÔÇÖs contours. The TCX X-Action Waterproof Boots look like they might fit the bill while not breaking the bank (piggy) and the styling isn't to mod or aggressive.

Do any of you Sasquatches have any experience with this boot? I know that someone stated that the zipper blows but, for $139, you sacrifice something. I'm wondering about people that are space challenged on the foot pegs.

Thanks
    Own: '13 K1600GT & '95 K75
    Owned: R1200GSA, GS & K1300GT

Quote Originally Posted by nardowell View Post
    While visiting a dealer in Milwaukee, I saw BMW's new sneakers. The dealer had not gotten his shipment in but he had a pair to show me.
    They look more like sneakers than the old ones. If you want something for summer that you use for riding or waling around, these could be nice.
    They are not on the BMW website yet.
    Dealer out here had them...

I like these:

Yup... Leather Converse High Tops!

On second thought... maybe these? Jupiter 2
    Own: '13 K1600GT & '95 K75
    Owned: R1200GSA, GS & K1300GT

The new funky summer shoes/boots the Milwaukee dealer had looked good for summer. You may want to wear some argyle soxes with them to complete your ensemble.
    Nardowell
    Hoa Binh (Peace)
    Vietnam '69 and '70
    2012 R1200R classic

Steve
    Wait a minute--are you implying that you don't always ride in argyle socks? I thought everyone did.