• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Spring, 2011

marchyman

Cam Killer
Yeah, I know that some of you are still stuck under record amounts of snow. Here in the SF Bay Area we're on something like day 9 or 10 of record temps (it was 76?? F at my house today) and the garden has decided it must be spring.

1178616398_52WjR-O.jpg

1178616575_ZHGfy-O.jpg

1178616706_rasAo-O.jpg

Another day or two and the plum trees will be in full bloom.

Congrats to you. We started that around 1/2/2011, but last week, we had a streek of arctic wind and chill us.

Back in the 70's tomorrow and rest of the week.

The snow is piled up four to five feet on our front yard and the boulevard has piles so high that I can't see over them when I pull out in my van, and even though it has been like this since early December, I actually feel that spring will arrive sooner than later this year. It's not because of any groundhog's forecast, but rather just a feeling, combined with the early morning singing of the birds in our neighbourhood. Ask me in mid-March if my forecast was correct. :ca

The plum trees are in full bloom and will soon be dropping itheir petals. Other flowers are starting to open, too. Temps have finally returned back to more-or-less normal for this area this time of year: 40-something by night, 60-something by day. What we need now, is some rain. Sunday night, says the weatherman.

1183964969_d4tfc-O.jpg

1183964992_aAr3F-O.jpg

Cherry Blossoms

After I posted the above pics winter returned with rain or cold or both, leading to snow in the SF Bay Area. Yeah, it was only a few flakes in a few places, but Bay Areans aren't used to it for the most part.

Anyway... Yesterday was the nice day between rain storms. I took the opportunity to snap some pictures of one of the cherry trees just starting to bloom.

1225250312_D9B8u-O.jpg

1225250556_rs6PT-O.jpg

Most of the colorful things planted in the big landscaping project 11 years ago are long gone so there is not that much color in the yard. It's past time to dig up the old and put some new things in the ground.

These guys showed up last week & Helen picked up a Voni camera :thumb

Attachments

• P1000071.jpg
    P1000071.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 281
The native redbuds are in full bloom as well, in spite of no rain as well.

Attachments

• P1000063.jpg
    P1000063.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 281
The snow is piled up four to five feet on our front yard and the boulevard has piles so high that I can't see over them when I pull out in my van, and even though it has been like this since early December, I actually feel that spring will arrive sooner than later this year. It's not because of any groundhog's forecast, but rather just a feeling, combined with the early morning singing of the birds in our neighbourhood. Ask me in mid-March if my forecast was correct. :ca

Boy was I wrong. Our snow just won't leave. It snowed last night. Look what greeted us in our backyard this morning. :eek

On the plus side, my ski club membership is still good as there's too much snow to shut down the lifts. :ha

Attachments

• March 23, 2011.jpg
    March 23, 2011.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 272
Last edited:
72F here, now, 70-72 the next three to five days, Monday is 77, 80+ the rest of next week. Did I mention sunny and dry, too?

over 90 yesterday...Spring?
Monarchs are back this week...and the hummingbirds

Attachments

• P1000240.jpg
    P1000240.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 237
Spring Sun Hits The North Face Of The Alaska Range

Viewed from my office on the U. of Alaska Fairbanks campus.

SAM_0232.jpg

SAM_0231.jpg

SAM_0230.jpg

Spring is on the way!

Well into Spring, 84F now after a 89F high. Tomorrow we'll be 91F. For us, that is mid to late Spring weather.

Well Bah Humbug!

Spring? 16 inches of rain so far...in March. I've lost track of the total since October, but I'd say something over 50 inches or so. Maybe over 60 since I do recall we had almost 30 in December alone. Yuck!

Almost enough to encourage me to load up the 11S and haul to my b-in-laws house in the Bay Area...but he thinks I'd probably just bring the soggy weather with me. Darn.

:brow

Zero precipitation since September here in the Big Bend of Texas. . .

Voni

Sunny, dry, and 98 F degrees today. A new day record!

Next week, 50's to 80's all week.

77F and clear at 9:35 PM. Tomorrow, we'll be 57F to 89F, sunny and dry.

Back