• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Berliner Motorcycle Days...

chacifer

Chowdah Head
Hey, all!
Yesterday I took the afternoon to head over to the Berliner Motorcycle Days show. BMW was , of course, there and featuring some new machines like the R1200ST:
15747660-M.jpg
15747661-S.jpg

15747662-M.jpg

and the R1200RT:
15747663-M.jpg

Mount up!
15747665-M.jpg

I didn't get to spend a whole lot of time sizing up these machines because it was so crowded, but I sat on them and I have to say they are comfortable. Also, for those concerned about looks, I think they are swell looking up close. Especially the red/black ST! :thumb

Here's an interesting quad that someone put together with a boxer engine!:
15747669-M.jpg

15747670-M.jpg

15747671-S.jpg

People also submitted their older bikes for display.
Here's a Berlin Polizei BMW w/ sidecar:
15748158-M.jpg

A 1927 R57:
15748160-M.jpg

and a DKW:
15748159-M.jpg

Next time you're thinking about hitting the road for a few days, consider this as your ultimate touring machine:
15748162-M.jpg

Royal Enfield's Sommer Diesel 26.
15748166-M.jpg

15748168-M.jpg

So that about wraps it up, folks. And remember, any bike is useless without its very own keg afixed to the rear:

15748163-M.jpg

Auf Wiedersehen! :wave

Wow! Your pictures almost make me feel like I was there!

Thanks for sharing. Especially the RED R12ST . . .

Sweet!

Voni
sMiling

I am watching the ST, but probably won't jump for a couple years. OTOH, I wouldn't mind the R57! (Already have an R12...) Thanks for the pics!

Four Wheeler

Nice pictures...

Red ST? I think I'm getting aroused. :thumb Is the quad street legal over there? Where can I get more info/pictures?

...And remember, any bike is useless without its very own keg afixed to the rear...

A guy at work has a gas grill mounted to his bike. This is giving me too many big ideas...

Last edited:
JCB--R1150R said:
Is the quad street legal over there? Where can I get more info/pictures?

The company that put together the quad is Fuhrmann, but their website is only in German. I can do a translation if you really want me to.

Translation

Thanks Chase. Hey, if you want to translate the page that's good because I can't read it. I know it wouln't pass DOT regs here but it's pretty cool nevertheless.

Last edited:
Quad Site

Thanks 1990K1; Thanks anyway Chacifer.

That is one unusual machine. Natuarally I want to know when it will be over here and if it could be made to pass regulations. Then again, it isn't really a motorcycle and I doubt I'd be able to afford one. I guess we'll all know in due time.

Back