• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Rain Gear

Bill:

I wear my Froggies over my Dainese two piece suit, if I'm going to be in all day rain. No issues.

I carry them in a cordura zip bag that's about 15" long and about 5" in diameter. The bag is from my local outfitter.

Frogg Toggs are good... But fragile (boot tears) AND will melt like cotton candy if contacting a hot pipe. :nono
They have a tyvec feel to them and for light use are hard to beat.
If you are planning any type of distance riding either pack two or invest in a 'waterproof' riding suit such as a Aerostich.

It's all dependent on your riding style.
I use 'em... But I also have other options.

And they are approaching being over priced for what they are.

rain gear

if you can find a set of dry rider made in usa grab them--i have a set from the late 70's that are still good.:clap

I have the BMW ProRain 2, which I snatched from eBay for about $100 (at the BMW dealer here in Holland it'll cost twice as much).

72607690336.jpg

It fits over my BMW Atlantis suit and is perfectly waterproof. I drove through a monsoon for 2 days and the only 'problem' areas are the wrists and the neck. I addressed both, since my gloves weren't really waterproof, so that's why my wrists got wet and I didn't have a good waterproof balaclava. Now I have better gloves and a balaclave with a windstopper/waterproof part that covers the neck and chest.

What I like about the BMW ProRain is the anti-slip part on your bottom so that you don't slide on your saddle. Also, the lower part of the inside leg is nomex, which is heat resistant. The overall quality of the suit is very good, and I'm glad I shelled out the money for it. My travel companions said that they found it too expensive, but had to ride with wet pants and floppy rainsuits...go figure... ;)

btw: I've got an old BMW Atlantis suit, which is waterproof upto a point. You need the Goretex inserts to make it 100% waterproof. This means the leather still gets soaked (not as much as regular leather) but the water is stopped by the goretex. But I don't like the idea of a soaked suit. This keeps you nice and dry.

Back