• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Aftermarket windshield decision

BluBeast

Nomadic
I'm getting ready for north to south California road trip and have decided to get a windshield/windscreen. Mostly State highway but some stretches at 75-80 MPH I've narrowed it down to Aeroflow off road tall, Aeroflow touring short, or BMW OEM touring. I'm 5'4", 30" inseam and have the 2010 F with lowered suspension and OEM hand guards. Anyone that has tried these screens, could you weigh in? I love wind and don't care about cold.. I'm doing this to prevent fatigue.

5'8", 31" inseam, 8GS lowered suspension, hand guards, BMW OEM Touring works very well for me, rock steady at all speeds to 115mph, good airflow.

No experience with Aeroflow, but Aeroflow has so many height options, their Touring Short looks like a(nother) good bet.

Hope you can find someone who's tried all--a bit of a tall/ "short" order ;)

I have used Z technik, and attended one of there talks at the rally 2010. Good windshields. Also have used Parabellum in the past good items too. Aero Flow items are $$$$. Is this 2010 F a S, ST or GS ?

:blush After doing research you have a F650gs . Try looking at F800riders.com site, Forum, then, F800 &F650 mods, then, best screens for my 800 and new CaiSci . There is differances from the 800 & the 650LOTS of info here. good luck.

I decided on the Aeroflow off-road tall screen. Installed it, and I really like where the wind hits me now. It's much more mellow ride for my arms. Only problem is that my helmet noise has increased exponentially. So I've ordered the Wunderlich wind deflector. We shall see...

Back