• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Not sure where to post this.....

Yammer

R1200RT Accept No Other
Hi.

I am looking to take my dog (me best friend) on a tour with me and I am wondering if anyone has seen a dog carrier that would carry a 40 lb English Springer. I'm riding an 08 R1200RT.

Any advice is much appreciated and thanks for any responses. Oh and I'm thinking something that would mount on the pillion seat as I've the smaller top box and would need to use it still....

Todd

Hi.

I am looking to take my dog (me best friend) on a tour with me and I am wondering if anyone has seen a dog carrier that would carry a 40 lb English Springer. I'm riding an 08 R1200RT.

Any advice is much appreciated and thanks for any responses. Oh and I'm thinking something that would mount on the pillion seat as I've the smaller top box and would need to use it still....

Todd
Hi Todd, Welcome to the forums. We have a bunch of members that like to travel with their dogs. Some in side cars, some in travel crate type devices. You might get some responses here in the motorrad section but it probably better in the gear section-so I will move it there for you. Good luck, Gary

Hi Todd, I have looked into this, too though have not followed through yet. Some of the sites that make the most sense to me are;

1) Bushtec Tow Tow trailer - http://www.bushtec.com/Articles.asp?ID=164

2) Beast Riders - http://www.beastriders.com/

3) Saddle Dogs - http://www.saddledogs.com/

Some of the sites seem downright comical, and I wouldn't take them seriously. Bushtec seems far and away the best choice for a dog the size of mine, a large Brittany.

Best of luck in your search, and I would definitely like to hear what you do.

Howdy, Todd!

You might try the BMR Flatbed Luggage Rack as a platform for a carrier of some kind. It goes over the pillion and gives you a 24" x 12" flat surface for luggage or doggage. BMR are good folks and have well-engineered bits for our bikes.

The nice thing about the flatbed luggage rack is that it can be removed from its brackets with four thumbscrews...just in case you want change-up and carry a bipedal pillion!

I have seen the BushTec pet trailer and it is quite nice (and dear), but my desire would be to be able to reach out and pat the pup now and then WITHOUT dismounting. Of course, I may have to choose between the BushTec and a sidecar, as my GoldenDoodle (Cooper) is easily 27" at the withers. Not sure how I get him to ride pillion????

CooperDesktop.jpg

Thanks for that link.
I like that flatbed rack. It would be great to errands and my cat carrier.
Tho at $295 it is pricey for me and my bike at this time.
$315 for you 12 riders.

Back