• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Rally entertainment

Blind Bryan Lee - the Blind Giant of the Blues

He was really good in Midland, wasn't he? Man --- I didn't think ANYONE had more fun that night than Brian (that guy that I live with) and me. But he won't be part of the the rally this year.

HOWEVER:
This year we have another BIG - BIG - REALLY BIG surprise for you.

If you liked Brian Lee, I am confident you will be delighted with our Friday entertainment.

:twirl :twirl

News will come out by March 1rst.

George Thorogood and the Destroyers

Hurray! The word is out! Man-Oh-Man, keeping this a secret has been KILLING ME!!!!!

Brian and I are SO freakin' excited!

:twirl
... :twirl
... :twirl

free ticket

Sue,

I should get a free ticket to the show for
"letting the cat our of the bag" :thumb

gsjay

i thought that on friday night at the rally, people walked around with sharpie markers and wrote on the bodies of the folks who are passed out...

username said:
i thought that on friday night at the rally, people walked around with sharpie markers and wrote on the bodies of the folks who are passed out...

Yea we are going to do that also. We are just going to wait until after George.

Thank You!!

I've been wanting to see an upgrade in the music and you've done it! This will make the long days riding in from California worth it. I'll have to put a few tunes from George on the bike's MP3 player now in honor of the event. THANK YOU SUE!!

:thumb

This is really cool. 'Move It On Over' was one of the main soundtracks of my late teens/early 20s. It also had a major influence on my music collection. Look at a quick list of who he covered on that record:

Hank Williams, Sr.
Bo Diddely
Elmore James
Johnny Cash
John Lee Hooker

Impeccable taste, IMHO.

This will be my first National...can't wait.

Steve

rally entertainment

:clap It must be an omen... Just a week or so ago, I decided that my album Move It On Over needed to be upgraded. I went to Tower Records and got the CD. Got the ON yesterday and Whoa!

Stay off that whiskey, and let that cocaine be!

I can't wait.

Wow we get "Lonesome George" and the Harley guys got Elton"I dont do any motorcycle songs"John!Amazing!!! :brow

MikeC said:
Wow we get "Lonesome George" and the Harley guys got Elton"I dont do any motorcycle songs"John!Amazing!!! :brow

Evidently as soon as they announced that it was Elton John there was a mass exodus back to the bikes of a whole lot of people. I couldn't help but laugh my butt off when I heard that. I would love to Elton John perform though, his old stuff is great.

Nurse Rick said:
I've been wanting to see an upgrade in the music and you've done it! This will make the long days riding in from California worth it. I'll have to put a few tunes from George on the bike's MP3 player now in honor of the event. THANK YOU SUE!!

The music the other nights is going to be very good, as well.

Other than Thorogood and the Friday night blues band, Sue and Brian have also lined up some great country/country rock, some classic rock, some solo acoustic stuff one afternoon, and a jammin' dance band, as well as some other musical treats. It'll be fun. More details coming soon.

Back