• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

21st Annual Georgia Mountain Rally

Tony,
Been that way many times going to the Finger Lakes Rally.
I would work US 219 through West VA into the route.
At the end in Rich Creek, VA, take 100 over to the BRP.
Take the BRP all the way to US 276 south of Asheville, NC
The US 276 south to US 64, then US 64 west past Franklin, NC to NC 69 south to Hiawassee and the rally.
Make sure you have plenty of rubber on the sides of your tires.
Due to time we will be driving the fastest way both up and back (I 81), in a way that avoids the worst of rush hour traffic.

Mac,
I heard they were capping steaks at 600. Are they going to give the ones that don't get a steak a discount?

Mac,
I heard they were capping steaks at 600. Are they going to give the ones that don't get a steak a discount?

I'm not really sure what the rally committee is planning. The seven years that I was rally chairman everybody got a steak. I think this is the first time they're only giving the first 600 steaks.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it this year.

Mac McEnheimer

Everything loaded up and ready to roll. Probably around 4-5AM start time. I like to scout for deer on the way!
We'll be on the slab too. I don't know where and how bad the storms rolled through. I love back roads, but can wait till we get there.:type

Many thanks to those who worked so hard to make a great rally this year. I met a couple of members of the Georgia club who made me feel very welcome. Nice work guys!!:thumb

The Rally weather was phenominal. I ran a 170+ mile loop on Sat up to NC and then west on 64 into TN. Watched people white water rafting/kayaking and stopped at several scenic overlooks. A great day for riding and enjoying being on two wheels. The campsite at Hiawassee is beautiful, my hat's off to the GMR Volunteers, I will return rain or shine next year.

Forgot to mention that a K1600GTL was on hand Saturday for the curious to sit on, touch, admire, etc (alas no demo rides). The bike is big but I could straddle it quite comfortably with my 32" inseam (the bike was on its center stand). I would like to upgrade to an R1200RT in the next few years but would certainly jump at a chance to ride the "6". The lack of vibration when the engine was rev'd reminded me of a DC electric motor and the exhaust note lets one know that serious power is available without being obnoxious.

Back