• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Twas a dream ride

paulsibek

I took Pacific Coast Highway from Ventura to Santa Cruz last weekend.

Arguably one of the most beautiful rides anywhere. Usually you get stuck behind RV's slow cars and it's mostly one lane in each direction. It's beautiful but can drive (pun) you a little crazy.

Well from San Luis Obispo to Big Sur, more than 100 miles there were about 5 cars going in my direction and each let me go by. A dream ride, never happen again...

It was about 70 degrees and me flying along totally in the zone. You should have been there.

Cal 1

Back in the late 40s and early 50s I was on th :D at road so many times I knew almost every rock by its first name. At that time I rode an indian warrier TT with lights, also a 51 AJS I sure wish we had the bikes we have now, back then, fond memories :D :clap :brow

Believe it or not

BradfordBenn said:
We want pictures!!!!! :clap :wave

I just didn't/couldn't stop, it was too good, except to change clothes about 100 yards south of Nepenthe in Big Sur.

No photos and one of my degrees is in Photography...

Hey- I hear the trip on PCH from SF north is great too, I might try it this summer. I may stay over night in Santa Cruz and head north through the Bay Area the next day. Anyone with experience on this route?

I am thinking about a leisurely pace and looking for a decent return route to Los Angeles.

Kewl!!!

Kewl!!!! :thumb :thumb :thumb
Glad you had a great ride!!!. Some rides are too good to stop and take pics. I hope to think we all have those rides once in a while. :D :D Sorta like a zen thingie I guess :twirl

hey rider, I have one of those most of the time I get out. When I get home I unload the camera and say "dang no pics again".

Paul Sibek said:
I just didn't/couldn't stop, it was too good, except to change clothes about 100 yards south of Nepenthe in Big Sur.

No photos and one of my degrees is in Photography...

Hey- I hear the trip on PCH from SF north is great too, I might try it this summer. I may stay over night in Santa Cruz and head north through the Bay Area the next day. Anyone with experience on this route?

I am thinking about a leisurely pace and looking for a decent return route to Los Angeles.

I live just north of SF and PCH is my regular weekend ride. You get here and I'll take you for a tour of some of the roads around here. PCH is just the warmup. :evil

Paul Sibek said:

The ride up PCH from SF is beautiful as well, and great riding, too. The sections through Sonoma county and also at the north end, from Westport up to Leggett, are fabulous riding. Definitely let KBasa be your guide in his area, the back roads are great!

For a return route, I would take CA-36 from Rio Dell to Red Bluff. This is one of the roads that Friction Zone magazine rated as among California's 5 best. Then take I-5 south just to Corning, and head west. Follow the road through Chrome and Stonyford, and go past Lake Berryessa. This gets you back to the bay area. As I mentioned to you when you were up here, I would take CA-25 to Peachtree/Indian Valley, into San Miguel on US-101. From here, I would find my way onto CA-58. Then you can take I-5 home, or take CA-33 if/when it reopens.

lorazepam said:
hey rider, I have one of those most of the time I get out. When I get home I unload the camera and say "dang no pics again".

Funny how that works!? :D

Back