• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

self cancelling turn signals

ozone123

Give me two lane
I'd like to install the self cancelling turn signal module offered on Bob's BMW website on my wife's RT. My local dealer cautions that it may fry the wiring harness.....any positive or negative comments welcome!

go for it

I have the Kisan unit. About $99. There are plenty out there and I've never heard of a problem. The company has been around a while and makes several products. I'm sure if there was a problem you would have heard about it and they would have fixed it by now. Besides it also has running lights!

How would it "fry" anything? It's using the same voltage and currents. It just has a timer in the flaser unit.

MarkF

it does not already have them

even the S has them, but a lot of people do not realize it...

repoe3

Signal Minders

I've had it on my 1150RT since they came out & no probs so far.

I changed my rear turn signal bulbs to Red LEDs and they're powerful enough to show Red through the Amber lens. I've got Red running lights to the rear and Amber to the front. And you can select 2 levels of brightness + off.

I have a '96 R1100RT with the Kisan turnsignal canceller/running lights. I like the running lights,get frustrated with my signals turning off too soon in a turn lane, and continue to have problems with my ABS faulting at the start of the day (note:do not use a gel battery in the older RTs because they will not put out enough initial starting current and will fault nearly all the time). When I ask my mechanic why I am still having the faults, he says:"if you take out the Kisan, everything will work OK"

I don't know, but my oilhead seems to be nearly as cantankerous as my old airheads--my K75's were still be most reliable Beemers that I have had.

Don't even get me started about surging!

I have the Kisan unit on my '96 GS. It works fine with one minor problem/side effect. When I use my horn the signal lights turn into running lights. I have to turn them off the next time I stop and turn the bike off. It's easy enough but annoying.

Back