• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Temp. GPS Disrution

Thanks for the head's-up, Clay. Looks like that affects me since I live in the Savannah, GA area. Gee... I wonder if this will generate some more "devil's triangle" stories??? :dunno

Thank you for the intel.

My son will be trampsing around some rough terrain on Fort Bragg this weekend for maneuvers.

Told him about the GPS anomolies he might experience.

Warned him if his unit could smell salt air, they've strayed too far east! :dance

Last edited:
Meh... we call Wednesdays "GPS-out Wednesdays", and turn off the receiver in the jet just to practice doing the mission in a GPS-denied environment. Pretty sure the army and others train the same... I bet we could all benefit from turing off the electronics and using a real map now and then.

As my wife reminds me often, we probably would get there faster if I just drove the way I already know it is, instead of fiddling with my gadgets!

Meh... we call Wednesdays "GPS-out Wednesdays", and turn off the receiver in the jet just to practice doing the mission in a GPS-denied environment. Pretty sure the army and others train the same... I bet we could all benefit from turing off the electronics and using a real map now and then.

As my wife reminds me often, we probably would get there faster if I just drove the way I already know it is, instead of fiddling with my gadgets!

I noticed that they are north or south of the house instead of right over the house on Wednesdays. :) Still make the turn short of Nine Point though.

Back