Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Food Vendors @ the 2011 Rally

Quote Originally Posted by Newstar View Post
    Yeah but it's sweet and fruity and I can't read the box!
    The souse is sweet and sour and we can get some really small printing and paste it on the side of the box. Will you eat some then?????
    Cave contents: 99 R11RS, 2013 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & DW744

Quote Originally Posted by 36654 View Post
    The souse is sweet and sour and we can get some really small printing and paste it on the side of the box. Will you eat some then?????
    That depends on how much beer you ply me with in the beer tent.

Quote Originally Posted by Clay View Post
    I hope this year someone has contacted the following vendors:

http://www.tastykake.com/

http://www.genosteaks.com/

http://www.habbersettscrapple.com/

http://amorosobaking.com/

My intent is inquirering about the small individual vendors that might provide these specialties and not interested in a certain (name with held) large food provisioner...without these local vendors then IMHO the Pa. Rally ain't real deal !!

Example: When I attended the Redmond Rally..there was a vendor hawking what was supposedly a certain Pa. City named cheese steak..when I asked what where the ingredients or what cheese they where using..all I got was a dumb look...

Lets support the real deal and provide local cuisine as an unique experience to this years Rally.

Regards,

Clay
    Kimberton,Pa.
    Hello and greetings from your friendly neighborhood Rally Food Chair!

I'm headed to Bloomsburg today to meet with several local restaurant owners and food vendors to get their commitment for the '11 Rally.

Keep the comments coming and I'll do my best to accommodate as many request as possible.

Tastykakes? I can probably convince a vendor that usually doesn't do breakfast foods to supply various Tastykake products and coffee. Cheesesteaks? I grew up an hour outside of Philly and didn't have a real cheesesteak until I moved to West Philly. BTW, Abner's Cheesesteaks at 38th and Chesnut was WAY better than Pat's or Geno's (IMHO). Unless someone can find an authentic mobile vendor that's willing to drive to Bloomsburg, you're not going to get an authentic cheesesteak up in the coal regions of PA. Heck... the only two places I've found in the Harrisburg area that have good steak sandwiches both run to Philly every day to get their rolls.

If anyone has a line on a local food vendor that would like to work the Rally, send me a PM and I'll make contact to review the Fairground rules.
    I like bananas 'cause they ain't got bones!

Clay
    Quote Originally Posted by fauster View Post
    Hello and greetings from your friendly neighborhood Rally Food Chair!

I'm headed to Bloomsburg today to meet with several local restaurant owners and food vendors to get their commitment for the '11 Rally.

Keep the comments coming and I'll do my best to accommodate as many request as possible.

Tastykakes? I can probably convince a vendor that usually doesn't do breakfast foods to supply various Tastykake products and coffee. Cheesesteaks? I grew up an hour outside of Philly and didn't have a real cheesesteak until I moved to West Philly. BTW, Abner's Cheesesteaks at 38th and Chesnut was WAY better than Pat's or Geno's (IMHO). Unless someone can find an authentic mobile vendor that's willing to drive to Bloomsburg, you're not going to get an authentic cheesesteak up in the coal regions of PA. Heck... the only two places I've found in the Harrisburg area that have good steak sandwiches both run to Philly every day to get their rolls.

If anyone has a line on a local food vendor that would like to work the Rally, send me a PM and I'll make contact to review the Fairground rules.
    Contact Dan Amoroso,W3DI,owner of Amoroso's Bread Co.,( one of the secrets of a Philly Cheese Steak) he has a lot of contacts in the Philly Food industry. Say Clay AA3JY sent ya..he'll know..

http://amorosobaking.com/
    Last edited by Clay; 01-29-2011 at 01:44 PM.

I've actually been to the Amoroso bakery to pick up rolls for an event I was organizing many years ago. And you're right - the rolls are one of the secrets.

I'll give Dan a shout so see if he can hook me up with a few good vendors. Thanks!

Clay

Tasty Kake

Lets support one of Philly's Finest Institutions

http://www.manufacturing.net/News/20...Gets-Reprieve/

Quote Originally Posted by Clay View Post
    Lets support one of Philly's Finest Institutions

http://www.manufacturing.net/News/20...Gets-Reprieve/
    So sad. Reminds me of when Scott Paper and GE Steam turbine left town...........
    Cave contents: 99 R11RS, 2013 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & DW744

The Bloomsburg fair serves chicken and waffles. It was a first for me....not too bad actually.
    Mark Austin
    BMW MOA Ambassador
    Knights of the Roundel

Quote Originally Posted by dmaust01 View Post
    The Bloomsburg fair serves chicken and waffles. It was a first for me....not too bad actually.
    a.k.a. Snot on a Shingle

Yep... chicken and waffles will be on the menu come July.

The food vendor base is shaping up nicely. We'll have the breakfast vendors ready to serve at 06:00 and the late night crowd will still be able to grab fourth meal up to 11:00 pm.

Quote Originally Posted by fauster View Post
    Yep... chicken and waffles will be on the menu come July.

The food vendor base is shaping up nicely. We'll have the breakfast vendors ready to serve at 06:00 and the late night crowd will still be able to grab fourth meal up to 11:00 pm.

Breakfast: Ponhaus with syrup
    Lunch: Chicken Corn Soup
    Dinner: Ham Pot Pie
    Desert: Triple Bypass

How about Deep Fried Oreos that had been dippered in a sweet batter ?
    If one cannot command attention by one's admirable qualities one can at least be a nuisance

Old man in the mountains osbornk's Avatar
    Marion VA-In the middle of some of the best riding in the country.
    Quote Originally Posted by Statdawg View Post
    How about Deep Fried Oreos that had been dippered in a sweet batter ?
    The rally might be to far north.
    'You can say what you want about the South, but I almost never hear of anyone wanting to retire to the North.

Nope. Deep fried Oreos are on one of the vendor's menus. After the contracts are signed, I'll post up a summary of the offerings we'll have at the rally.

Quote Originally Posted by osbornk View Post
    The rally might be to far north.
    They were a big hit during the fall fair.

There is a southern influence and flavor here. The Civil War monument in Shamokin was crafted by a sympathizer who took payment before the dedication, then skipped town leaving a tribute to those fallen in the rebellion. In Benton, we had the Fishing Creek Confederacy that required Lincoln to send troops to Bloomsburg to quell the insurgency. One has to know that this area had many woven industries that needed southern cotton and there were many farmers that didn't wish to rush off to war and leave their holdings unattended.

I hope folks do not think negatively about the southern influence. Because this area was a popular hub for the Underground Railroad and our forefathers enjoyed the spirited Negro League that played baseball on the fairgrounds. There is also an eastern and southern European influence added to our community to compliment the long establish German community.

Many of our members will enjoy the vast blend of spice and culture that the Susquehanna Valley offers. Our Food Chair Jeff is going to great lenghts to get us well fed and to feature our ethnic heritage.
    If one cannot command attention by one's admirable qualities one can at least be a nuisance