• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Best Food along the Route??

Always good to find a one off or mom and pop, but sometime you need to hit a known place so if you see a sign you trust, that can be a good stop.

Always good to find a one off or mom and pop, but sometime you need to hit a known place so if you see a sign you trust, that can be a good stop.

But where is the sense of adventure? It's like taking the route you have always traveled instead of the unknown road you have never been on. It might be a great adventure or it might be a bust but it's not boring.

Not in the rally zone,but i stopped in greybull wy at a small motel.Asked the owners for a good eatery and they said go to the koa campground.Right?Turns out the guy who runs the cafe there was a master chef from Norway.One of the best meals ever..Ed

Krispy Kreme is going to be hard to find, but you are likely to find Maple Donuts. Try the peanut butter and jelly donut. Filled with grape jelly and topped with peanut butter frosting. YUM!

P

Krispy Kreme is going to be hard to find, but you are likely to find Maple Donuts. Try the peanut butter and jelly donut. Filled with grape jelly and topped with peanut butter frosting. YUM!

P

What sort of Yorkie lug nut are you:) Do I smell Fastnachts on your breath?

Sorry, but Maple Donuts are pretty much limited to the US30 Bypass around York, PA.

Krispy Kreme might be found somewhere near Bloomsburg.

While in Ohio I will always find a Skyline Chili. They are based out of Cincinnati and there are several in the state. Their little chili cheese dogs are just awesome. I don't normally eat stuff like that but I make an exception for that in my diet.

Melt Bar & Grilled in Cleveland (Lakewood)

http://www.meltbarandgrilled.com/

As the 42nd person to finish their challenge (Man vs. Food) I can attest they do it right.

Traveling north on 219 through PA hang a right in Mahaffey onto 36 and go about a mile to the Feed Store on the right. I can't remember the name of the restaurant inside, but they have fantastic pizza with mom and pop prices.

On a side note, Air Force Museum in Dayton a great idea and free!

When riding the backroads I've found that asking local folk for a good place to eat
is usually rewarded with a fine meal at a good price.

ridgeway, pa

Look for Joey's Bakery right on the mian street in town. Great baked goods, breakfast and lunch. Homemade everything.

What sort of Yorkie lug nut are you:) Do I smell Fastnachts on your breath?

Sorry, but Maple Donuts are pretty much limited to the US30 Bypass around York, PA.

Krispy Kreme might be found somewhere near Bloomsburg.

I'll have you know that you can get Maple Donuts all the way up in northern York County in the Greater Metropolitan Etters Area (GMEA).

Peanut Butter Cup is my favorite - peanut butter creme filling with chocolate icing.

Food on the Road

Looking at GoogleMaps, it looks like you might pass through Memphis. If so, here are some recommendations for "Mid-South barbeque".

The Rendezvous, located in downtown Memphis, very close to the river as you cross the I-40 bridge and enter Memphis. Famous for their dry rub ribs! Excellent food. Beware of the one-way streets, and like any large downtown area, you might not want to be there late at night. Or if you do like night life, Beale St. in downtown Memphis is a great place for blues music, i.e. B B King's place.

Or, if you don't want to stop in downtown, head around Memphis on the I-240 loop (south) and stop at one of the two Showboat BBQ locations for a BBQ plate. Showboat isn't fancy, no table service, you just order at the counter.

Another option is The Commissary in Germantown, the suburb just on the east side of Memphis. It's also convenient to the I-240 loop, exit at the Poplar Ave (east) exit and it's a couple of miles east of the loop.

Ride safe, and full!
piperjim

Back