• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

aftermarket windscreens

I like the Secdem from France. Abt two inches higher, tinted, sporty shape. Don't know where to get them anymore. A bike acc store in Quebec did have them a few years back. Maybe Verholen or someone has a similar one. The one I have makes the ride just right for me...and Viki.

What I'm using

MRA variable windshield in dark tint:
seat001.jpg

I like it but at 6-1 there's only so much wind diversion a shield can accomplish....

Helen had a tinted one on hers, unsure of brand at moment, she rode mine with the stock screen doing an A-B test a few times one day. To her, the little lip on the stock screens top edge made a big difference in wind turbulance, her aftermarket did not have the rolled lip feature. I felt a little more wind on her aftermarket,but not as much as she did. 6'1 vs. 5'6"
Notice spanky has a piece of rubber edging it appears, maybe that would help with wind and the rain roll off? I know it does on our 1100S.

.......... Notice spanky has a piece of rubber edging it appears, maybe that would help with wind and the rain roll off? I know it does on our 1100S.

It really helps divert rain. It was included with the windshield and also seems to add a more finished look to the assembly.

Here's a another photo of the windshield:
seat003.jpg

And here's a close up of the Leo Vince exhaust because another member inquired about it:
seat002.jpg

That is a nice bike.

The black and yellow are great constasting color scheme

Thanks for the compliment. Between the black & yellow and my similar themed Scorpion helmet I tend to have a "hi viz" look while on the road. I like it, people notice the color scheme and tend not to run into me.:dance

Who makes the seat. I really like the style?

I bought it through A&S BMW. It's comfortable and unlike the stock seat doesn't shove your junk into the tank. The seat is made by Bagster, a French manufacturer of MC goodies.

Back