• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Oh man, that rocked

samuelh

Just spent 3 days touring around arizona on an f800st. Rode up to Sedona via Jerome and back mountain roads. I'd call that a black diamond ride, super twisty switchbacks, wicked fun and beautiful. Second day I rode out towards globe. Blue square road, sweeping twisties and very scenic.

My experience with azride.com couldn't have been better. They also have a lowered GS and st available which is pretty unique among tour companies.

Too bad it's going to be effing freezing back home in Philly.

Sam

Yep that's a nice area up around Jerome, Sedona, Oak Creek Canyon. Deserts, plateaus, mesa's, mountains. Got to ride that area several times back in the 90's.

I really liked the F800ST. Plenty of power, very light. The ergos are very different than my G650GS, but I was already starting to get used to them by the end of the trip. (I think it has to do with supporting your weight with your back and abdominal muscles rather than leaning on your wrists.) Engine was fun both in town and on the freeway. Mirrors are a little weird, but they might not have been stock on this bike. Too narrow. Makes me think seriously about the F650GS.

SH

Yea Voni, all good. One trip'92, I did on my '71 R50/5 and the other on my '74 R90/6 in '94. Both trips were from Phoenix to the Grand Canyon and back. I was kinda connected to the Copper State 1000 Vintage Car Rally. Lot of hi-lites. Having a free beer on the house at the Burro Inn in No Place or No Name Az.. Camping out free on the open range out side Grand Canyon Village, neat. Spending the nite at the Los Abrigatos on Telokee Packee. I no I didn't spell either one correct. Having a complete suite to myself at the Arizona Biltmore. Ah, the life. Now a good ride for me is the Chickasaw Bluffs along the Miss. River above Memphis Tn. and a short trip over to the Ozarks in Ar. . Can't complain I've been blessed. The BMW RAMS and the OLD BIKE CLUB are having a BIKE NITE tech session and get to gather over in Eads, Tn. , tonight. I'm going and hope to ride over. I'm smilng ear to ear.

Back