• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Seen any good movies?

An older movie.

My Life So Far

Wife and I enjoyed watching it on Netflix last night.

Silver Linings Playbook. Entertaining on many levels.

The intimate four screen indie movie house in town is is an absolute treasure.

Silver Linings Playbook. Entertaining on many levels.

The intimate four screen indie movie house in town is is an absolute treasure.

We had an old-school movie theater that tried to make it as an indie house..............lasted about 3-yrs. I was a great addition to our little town for that period.

"Silver Linings Playbook. Entertaining on many levels."
My wife and I are ballroom dancers, and the ending of the movie was a classic for us because...
We were at the national amateur championships a couple of years ago (no, we didn't win, darn it), and one of the dance categories is Theatre Arts or Cabaret (not a category we participate in...I only smell strong). Lots of lifts and artistic interpretation and strength and technique involved - just like in the movie. One of the couples was rather new at this stuff - just like in the movie - and about a third of the way through their routine one of their lifts failed with a very humorous position resulting...It was hard not to laugh even though we felt very badly for the couple. Until you actually attend a few of these competitions, you just have no idea how intense some of these people can get. I frequently walk away with the same thought: they put a lot of time and money into THAT???

Watched both the U.S. and Swedish versions of "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo". I have also read the book, which helped. Both movies were well done, each one followed the book pretty well, albeit differently, especially at the end.

I enjoyed both of them. I read one critic's review where he claimed there really is no better or worse between them, just watch both of them.

I watched one on a Friday evening, the other on a Saturday evening, same weekend.

To Kill a Mockingbird

1962, from back in the days when movies were movies and actors were actors.

A few others...

On The Waterfront

The Hustler

Cool Hand Luke

Dr. Zhivago

Amadeus

I wish Hollywood turned out better movies instead of the usual trash.

Or as Marlon Brando once put it...
If given the choice between Kenneth Branagh's production of Henry V (1989) or Arnold Schwarzenegger's The Terminator (1984), there's hardly a question of where most television dials would be turned.

If the expenditure of money for entertainment in America is any indication of taste, clearly the majority of us are addicted to trash.

After watching Henry V, my brother said he felt like grabbing a pike and heading for France. I dismissed the comment as hyperbole until watching the movie.

Unbeatable writing and an outstanding cast.

Caught "OLYMPUS HAS FALLEN" while out in Denver this weekend with my son.

Excellent kick-ass guy flick.

Yeah - a few things I would have done differently as the director, given my knowledge of law enforcement tactics and military protocols, but then again Hollywood isn't exactly knocking at my door any time soon, so I enjoyed the flick for the pure entertainment that it was.

Will own this one once it's comes out on DVD! :thumb

Caught "OLYMPUS HAS FALLEN" while out in Denver this weekend with my son.

Excellent kick-ass guy flick.

Yeah - a few things I would have done differently as the director, given my knowledge of law enforcement tactics and military protocols, but then again Hollywood isn't exactly knocking at my door any time soon, so I enjoyed the flick for the pure entertainment that it was.

Will own this one once it's comes out on DVD! :thumb

There were way too many tactical errors and just plain dumb acts for me. I went in with great expectations and left very disappointed. The acting was good, but the rest was pretty bad in my opinion.

Simone; Snow White & the Huntsman; Outlander

Simone is actually "S1m0ne"; finally got it from the local library - EXCELLENT movie! Al Pacino has a few very insightful observations.

Also borrowed "Snow White and the Huntsman"... very disappointing (from someone who usually enjoys fantasy, sci-fi, etc.), don't waste your time.

A few weeks ago, I borrowed "Outlander" - loved it. Combination of sci-fi and Norse history & locale. Definitely not for the faint-hearted, and not the best acting in the world, but a great storyline and good effects.

Into the Wild Green Yonder

a "Futurama" movie from 2009 - our local library is getting some decent stuff lately.

If you like the Futurama style of humor, you'll like this - they say & do things that the TV series would get banned for. Not for the kids...

YUP, I think

I just watched World War Z ...with Brad Pitt.....pretty scary stuff...certainly kept me on the edge of my chair. Not that I think something just like that would happen but I do think that some sort of Pandemic could bring us to our knees.

DW

Back