• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Seen any good movies?

Just saw Battle: Los Angles. Lots of explosions and rapid camera cuts but it wasn't hokey like Independence Day and paced itself better than District 9. Honestly I don't see movies like I used to but my son had the night off and I was starting a long weekend so we had a boys night out. I'll take aliens over zombies any day.

My wife and I just saw Unknown with Liam Neeson. We were both very disappointed. The plot is very clever, but there are holes you can ride an LT through and surprisingly, the acting isn't very good, especially towards the end. Movies are personal. I have a friend who liked it, but we sure didn't.

I felt the same way about this movie, matter of fact I enjoyed the first half.

Another disappointment was the Adjustment Bureau , an interesting plot about free will and love conquering all but 3/4ths of the way through it needed an adjustment.

The Big Chill-excellent movie, excellent soundtrack.

big_chill_ver1.jpg

I enjoyed this. It's a kinda slow paced, episodic film. It's available on Netflix now -- or at least it will be when I send it back on Monday.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_Lions

I finally got to see Four Lions. I'm not going to recommend it to you, but I enjoyed it. I watched it a couple of times and it got better as I got use to the varieties of English accents and began to see more of the jokes.

Noel

My favorite one in the past year would be "Inception" with Leonardo Decaprio. Great story,excellent special effects! Watched it for a third time last week!!

my picks

Red was great, especially for a guy like me approaching retirement.

Rango was kinda cute, a spoof on westerns.

Harry

Not current, but a good story and some great lines.

Does "Not current" matter? Methinks not. In fact maybe it's just me but as time drags on I find films often, not always, lean on SFX and pretty faces instead of story and characters I care about.

Fair Game way more intriguing than I expected.
Faster only if you like violence and fast cars
The Book of ELI
Unstoppable OK for a dollar red box rental
The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension. This is a hoot looking back at 1984 great cast.

Into the Wild for like the 3 or 4th time.

Read the book so I had to watch it again.

Back