• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Salty Fog Riders Rally 2011

Bob, Did you get the barn done? Great seeing you both, and thanks for taking care of us.
M and J

Bob, Did you get the barn done? Great seeing you both, and thanks for taking care of us.
M and J

finishing touches on the basics going on now. Can you imagine..... the indoor camping option for attendees? Roll the bike in as wanted and bedroll wherever. Some 'in progress' pics to follow.

BTW, you both are welcome anytime! - Bob

I think Barley and I are in. Everything looks doable except convincing my boss that I should be allowed another week and change off when I've already taken two weeks. But heck, when you get 32 days a year you need to take the time or lose it. Since I don't vacation in winter (too harsh to leave the house -- if power fails while we're gone pipes tend to freeze and rupture) I end up maxing my vacation time before Spring. Better to bleed some off now.

Or at least that's the argument I'll present to the boss. The "Sidecars are great for hauling the group's beer" argument probably won't fly.

Stay tuned.

Pete and Barley

Count us in !

Bob & Mary,
Enjoyed meeting you both at Bloomsburg. PEI Ron encouraged me to "take a
ride on up" to enjoy the great weather & rally that you host. I rode with three
of your Salty Fog Rider alumni last year traveling from the Redmond Rally; all
confirmed your coastline tour & Larrys River are not to be missed! As a follow-
up to my post #22; Dara & I are putting the "finishing touches" on our plan to
join you this year. The check is "in the mail" with the pre-registration form!
We really look forward to seeing you both & sharing the adventure with others.
"Travel'in John" & Dara

Bob & Mary,
Enjoyed meeting you both at Bloomsburg. PEI Ron encouraged me to "take a
ride on up" to enjoy the great weather & rally that you host. I rode with three
of your Salty Fog Rider alumni last year traveling from the Redmond Rally; all
confirmed your coastline tour & Larrys River are not to be missed! As a follow-
up to my post #22; Dara & I are putting the "finishing touches" on our plan to
join you this year. The check is "in the mail" with the pre-registration form!
We really look forward to seeing you both & sharing the adventure with others.
"Travel'in John" & Dara

Glad that you considered our buddy Ron's encouragement and can join us. Personal Email sent to you. - Bob

you'll be a busy camera guy this year Tom! I really look forward to putting the pieces together and making Salty Fog: The Movie as a document of this year's rally. - Bob

Awesome! If we have a camera guy I'll leave the DSLR home and have some fun on the other side of the lens! I have surprisingly few shots of us on the road. I even put a RAM mount on the side case so all I have to do is push the darned button, but have so much fun on the road I forget it's back there! :scratch

you'll be a busy camera guy this year Tom! I really look forward to putting the pieces together and making Salty Fog: The Movie as a document of this year's rally. - Bob

I'll do what I can, but I'm a lot better at stills -- and don't you dare leave that camera home, Pete! :nono

You know that you don't know what the trip was like until you've seen everybody's shots.

I'll do what I can, but I'm a lot better at stills -- and don't you dare leave that camera home, Pete! :nono

You know that you don't know what the trip was like until you've seen everybody's shots.

that's so true Tom! Blending all the photos and video helps tell the story. That's one reason that I would like assembling an 8 to 10 minute video that can be sent to attendees, interested folks, trip report and TA-DA!.... YouTube. Anyone riding copilot (aka pillion) can really add to the mix with pictures 'on the run'. This year we get to spash some Atlantic Ocean water on a couple of Texas wheels and have Pete's buddy Barley holding down the hack :thumb. Can Barley take pictures??

Lots of fun and still some room. - Bob

Oh no Bob, say it is not so.. Atlantic water on my Texas wheels..

That means that all of the grack that I have been keeping on them will be washed off.

Then again after 38 + days of the gates of hell being open and nary a drop of water to be found that is going to make for a nice change.

17 days more :clap :clap

Oh no Bob, say it is not so.. Atlantic water on my Texas wheels..

That means that all of the grack that I have been keeping on them will be washed off.

Then again after 38 + days of the gates of hell being open and nary a drop of water to be found that is going to make for a nice change.

17 days more :clap :clap

Good timing. Mary and I were just talking about helping you with that 'Atlantic Ocean Wheel Dip' possibility and I was going to take a walk down the road here in Larry's River to find a suitable spot. Great 'Photo Op' moment I think! A few strands of seaweed on the wheel should make for a great conversation piece.

It will be cooler here but pleasant. You need rain and we pray for sun. Crazy weather. - Bob

What other rally can you go to and have indoor parking and bedroll space upstaires at such an economical price? Our new barn makes it possible this year. :clap 24 days and counting........ - Bob

Bob,

But you did not mention anything about ear plugs that came with the indoor parking and bed roll space.

Guess I am going to have to bring ya some stuff from our barn to help you with that new smelling barn that you got. :ha

What other rally can you go to and have indoor parking and bedroll space upstaires at such an economical price? Our new barn makes it possible this year. :clap 24 days and counting........ - Bob

Since Mack is suggesting to bring some good ol' Texas barn-yard aroma to our Larry's River barn the fresh air of Meat Cove will be more than welcome! The good folks at the Meat Cove Campground - perched on the cliff's edge of an amazing ocean vista - have just promised us the prize camping spot for maximum view. They usually do not make reservations but they have for us. Fortunate. It's only a hundred paces from the excellent food at the Chowder Hut! - Bob

How is the work on the barn going?

will post a couple of pictures later today ( I hope..... using a community wi-fi location so a bit cumbersome). Ever want to build a barn? You better have a liking for shingling...... almost all shingles. Don't want to hijack my own thread here but I will get to a couple of pics later. Windows going in and siding painted and ready to install. It will be a great place to park the bikes! - Bob

Back