• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Salty Fog Riders Rally 2011

We are very interested in joining you for this trip. we will be at the rally in PA, love to meet up and chat! I've always wanted to head up your way.
kelly & Frank:wave

Hi Bob & Mary,
I also look forward to seeing you at the MOA. Good possibility that Ms Dara & I
will ride the islands with you this year. Your roll'in sally has been on my mind for
3 years! It will be good to see you in PA. "Travel'in" John & Dara:wow

Do you still have room for another 2up?

always. In fact this year we have built a two story 24x28 barn which will be a real asset in many ways. We are revising a few particulars regarding the entire ride and base camp (Larry's River) arrangements and we will be posting in the very near future. In the meantime, the link below (sig) gives you a very good idea of what to expect.

We will be in Bloomsburg so just look for the large LL Bean tent with a Salty Fog Riders banner. The email saltyfogriders@gmail.com is available for direct contact. Stay tuned! - Bob

Today we have just secured a KOA, the only one on Cape Breton Island, for the cost of $10 per person. This is now our fourth excellent location for camping and gathering! Spectacular view of the Bras d'Or Lakes and at the foot of that 'snake to the sky' Kelly's Mountain. You can visit their site at: http://koansct.com/English index.htm

More info coming now so stay tuned! We will be in Bloomsburg and be available for questions and have some info and maps..... just look for the Salty Fog Riders banner. - Bob

The Route Overview

saltyfog2011.jpg

Countdown to the Salty Fog Riders Rally 2011 ! In three months we roll. Covering 500 beautiful miles from the Larry's River 'mainland' home base and onward around majestic Cape Breton Island. And, if the Weather Gods are with us, a feast for the camera's eye awaits. Outside of camping in the bushes somewhere, there is no cheaper and informative way for you to do this tour. Hospitality and good times are a sure thing!

This year will be a pre registration. Thus far Texas is the farthest participant distance!

I will be posting more info as time goes on. If you can't make it for our event then please feel free to use any information provided and/or PM me for some specific info that you are seeking.

This year we have an early arrival day (with food and lodging) plus an indoor facility for bedroll and bike maintenance (as required) due to a new barn that we are building at the Larry's River Base Camp.

For now though, some starting info.

SaltyFogPromoPainting.jpg

Painting by Mary Delorey

The Route: as previously posted....

saltyfog2011Route.jpg

And, you may have some interesting neighbors....

SaltyFogLambandbike.jpg

con't....... - Bob

Bob,

Thanks again for putting together. I am already bouncing like a little kid at Christmas...

3 more months.. Can I really wait that long.. yea.. planning .. planning... :clap:clap

Bob,

Thanks again for putting together. I am already bouncing like a little kid at Christmas...

3 more months.. Can I really wait that long.. yea.. planning .. planning... :clap:clap

that's a mere 2,500 miles - the quick way- Mack. Ride safe. - Bob

This year we are fortunate to have secured camping on night three at the North Sydney/Cabot Trail KOA. As their site says: "All our sites are terraced, and overlooking the Seal Island bridge, a light house, small islands, and the larger Boularderie Island. Amenities include wonderful natural pure (spring fed) well water, salt water swimming on our private beach, fishing, concrete boat ramp, mini golf, playground, horseshoes, arcade games and oyster bed." "The unforgettable Seal Island restaurant and motel gives all KOA guests a special 2 for one menu, where two can mix and match entr?®es, enjoying great cuisine and wonderful ambiance, for under $20.00, within sight of the park." We have been able to secure this fine location for $10 per person. They have promiised a Best View location and it is only minutes from our start on the Cabot Trail. A couple of pics.

KOACapeBreton1.jpg

KOACapeBreton2.jpg

- Bob

Bloomsburg is in two weeks and we'll be there to answer any questions etc regarding the Salty Fog Riders Rally as well as providing general touring info for Nova Scotia. We will have Nova Scotia maps, travel info pamphlets and copies of the Motorcyclist Guide To Nova Scotia. You can find us by locating the following banner that we'll have on our tent site. Please stop by! - Bob

SaltyFogBanner.jpg

Nova Scotia in August

Cannot make it in Sept, but already have plans for the 1st two weeks in August, already have a lot of the details made but would love to stop by and say hello in Bloomsburg

Eric

Cannot make it in Sept, but already have plans for the 1st two weeks in August, already have a lot of the details made but would love to stop by and say hello in Bloomsburg

Eric

Yes... please do. There will be a number of other riders from Nova Scotia as well who have an abundance of great information about travel in our province.:thumb See you there! - Bob

We leave for Bloomsburg tomorrow am and bringing banner (see above), Nova Scotia information, Salty Fog Riders Rally registration forms (10 may be it!) and a gift of gab for those interested in riding to Nova Scotia in the future. See you there! - Bob

Back