• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Bluetooth specifications/capabilities

Does anyone know the Bluetooth specifications for the new bikes? 1.0? 2.0? I am hoping that I can use my IMC Motorcom setup because I use the S-plug earbuds which very effectively eliminate wind noise and have great sound. I do not like the helmet speakers or headsets. In an ideal world via Bluetooth I would be able to listen to the satellite radio or my iPhone which is plugged in and being charged, get instructions from the GPS, and answer my iphone if I want to with the incoming number displayed on the dash by using the controller on the left handle bar. All without having to take my hands from the handle bars. Those that ride 2 up I'm sure would like to be able to also communicate with their passenger or talk to another rider close by.

Welcome to the forum!!

I think the bike will come or have a Nav IV which is the BMW version of a Zumo 660 so it will be A2DP stereo blue tooth

I was told Bluetooth spec is version 1.0

I was told by my dealer that the Bluetooth specification for the K1600 systems is 1.0. Most products sold today are version 2.0. He said that it won't be a problem unless you want 2 people to have access to the audio output. Not sure why or if this will prove to be a big deal or not. I guess I had hoped that the system would reflect current technology standards and therefore be compatible with more current products.

If the K1600GTL bluetooth system will work with my Cardo team set I will be in good shape. Placed an order on Jan 31 for a Blue GTL. Waiting for BMW to confirm.

I was told by the SENA guy that the BMW radio bluetooth is NOT compatible with the SMH10.

I use the Zumo 660 as my MP3/GPS and pair my phone to it, then the ZUMO to my SENA... No probs.

In fact I think the newest bluetooth is 2.1 that most use, their is a bluetooth 3.0 also)

If the K1600GTL bluetooth system will work with my Cardo team set I will be in good shape. Placed an order on Jan 31 for a Blue GTL. Waiting for BMW to confirm.
From what I've read, while the Cardo G4 headset will "work" with the BMW Bluetooth implementation, it will not have all of the functionality of the BMW-branded version of the Cardo headset :( I'm reluctantly planning on buying a BMW-branded headset for my Concept 3, and transferring the removed G4 unit to my son's new helmet.

BMW does like to play the "proprietary" card, don't they? If I put my Zumo 660 in the BMW cradle it won't work with the side buttons as the BMW version of the 660 has proprietary software to allow that.

They are businessmen...

I was told by the SENA guy that the BMW radio bluetooth is NOT compatible with the SMH10.

I use the Zumo 660 as my MP3/GPS and pair my phone to it, then the ZUMO to my SENA... No probs.

In fact I think the newest bluetooth is 2.1 that most use, their is a bluetooth 3.0 also)
I paired my SENA SMH10 (firmware upgradeable version) to the dealer's K1600GTL yesterday and took it out for a test ride. I had to control the volume on the SENA instead of the controller wheel. I was able to listen to the radio without any problem. I don't know about the intercom or any other functionality besides the radio.

Back