• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Death Valley anyone;

Polarbear

Polarbear
When's the Airhead and other gatherings this Jan/Feb happening? I went last year to the Airheads at Texas Springs, DV and had a great time. Randy:thumb:usa

anyone going to death valley

I have been pondering death valley anyone else ? Im in Humboldt looking for a ride partner

Just how?

What DV service TV do you get? Satelite? Cool place to watch football:). I am there again this year, later in Jan. for the KLR DV Daze(Jan.27) and the Airhead thing too in February I hope. My first KLR event, so I'm looking forward to my '08 KLR riding:). It will be weird leaving my GSA1200 behind, as its my normal partner. The KLR is so much a better offroader, lighter, but both bikes take on the DV challenge well. Randy

What DV service TV do you get? Satelite? Cool place to watch football:). I am there again this year, later in Jan. for the KLR DV Daze(Jan.27) and the Airhead thing too in February I hope. My first KLR event, so I'm looking forward to my '08 KLR riding:). It will be weird leaving my GSA1200 behind, as its my normal partner. The KLR is so much a better offroader, lighter, but both bikes take on the DV challenge well. Randy

Actually, I was speaking figuratively as I sat here in Seattle and watched the Seahawks arrive in Chicago one quarter too late. :ha

I am there again this year, later in Jan. for the KLR DV Daze(Jan.27) and the Airhead thing too in February I hope.

Cool Randy, hope I run into you there. We missed you at the BASH.

I will probably be leaving the bay area on Thursday (maybe with some of the Airheads). Darklight, you are more than welcome to ride along if you wish.

Scott

Hi Scott:)

Thanks for the heads up, riding DV this year. I am not certain I am going, but did the DV KLR event a couple weeks ago. Fine camping weather over there at Furnace Creek when i was there 2 weeks ago. I did the Airhead ride last year and had a great time and will go this year, but off time at work is pending. I hope to see ya, so keep a look out again for me and my old Airhead, R100/7, all black. Randy....PS; I got the Reynolds CS(you sold me) on the R100 and with some minor mods to it, got it working real nice, I like!

Sounds Great

It's -40 F out side right NOW.

I'll be there in spirit, Riding down isn't a option, and using a truck and trailer is just The wrong way to go on a bike trip.

I hope to see ya, so keep a look out again for me and my old Airhead, R100/7, all black. Randy....PS; I got the Reynolds CS(you sold me) on the R100 and with some minor mods to it, got it working real nice, I like!

Cool, I'll keep my my peeps open for you. I be on my grey /5. Glad you like the Reynolds. Just didn't work for me, a bit too unstable.

Scott

Ride well, Scott;

Sorry I am still home, no DV for me this weekend. Family flew in for a visit, unexpected. I'll miss seeing all ya there, as I really miss it. USNavy Daughter comes first this weekend for me:). I see the weather is getting wet again and I hope DV was a great ride and not too much bad weather, but I'm afraid it may have gotten interesting over there this weekend. A lot of rain/snow here, just to the West where i live. Anyhow, yes the stand was not stable for me either at first, so I made it work with my welder and some slight mods, unseen. Perfect. Thanks again. Let us know how DV riding was. Randy

The Valley of Death was awesome. A bit of rain on Friday night, then smooth sailing. The wind was challenging at times, but nothing that kept anyone from riding. The Airheads know how to set out a spread. 120 pre-registered, but only 60 showed. So, there was more than enough beer for those who showed up :drink

Great;

They usually do have a good time, as last year I went. I'm surprised only half showed? Glad to hear the weather was not too bad and it did get bad West of you in Central CA., so I had wondered if it made it to DV. Sure was sad to miss the ride, but stuff happens:). Randy:usa

Time to be thinking about

Death valley ... last year was working this year not so much .. looking for airheads north bound heading south from humboldt area .My ride a 94 gs Or route -planning etc info looks like 2 days from my locale maybe looking for a halfway LZ for trip

Back