• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

What about camping food?

as mentioned in my column, i am currently testing a set of those fold-up/snap-together plate, bowl, cup vs. something very similar to the GSI stuff mentioned above. the fold-up stuff is amazingly compact and easy to clean.

the pain of leaving Uncle Bob's WWII-issue mess kit is killing me, but it's just too heavy for the lighter kit i'm seeking.

FOZZILS_03445.jpg

Thanks!
I'm not fond of the oragami skills needed for the other stuff ...
Fozzils with snaps look like what I need :eat

Camping stuff

I purchased a Jetboil when they first came out and love the thing. I use all Jetboil stuff, except coffee maker, pain in the butt to clean (coffee) anyway Bombay foods (I think) meal in a bag just heat with the Jetboil water, then use the hot water to wash up, clean etc. Alaska in 2010, 18 days on the road, camped 15 and cooked with the Jet. Was great, little clean up and no gas spill ever.
Disadvantage, not all store's carry Jet fuel. So I stock up on cans. Both for the home disaster kit and motorcycling.

Back