• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Northern Michigan Rider List

Wkoppa

Early in 2010 (February or March) a meeting was held in Gaylord to gauge the interest in forming a Northern Michigan BMW Club. It did not move forward past that point to my knowledge.

I contacted a couple of the riders that indicated an interest on the forum and ended up recently meeting with one of the riders, John Peck from Maple City, for breakfast.

We both agreed that a step forward may be to start a Northern Michigan Rider List that could be upadated and shared with only those on the list to facilitate communication with other like minded riders. If someone wanted to take a trip, meet for breakfast, organize a ride, attend a rally, open house, motorcycle show or swap meet they could e-mail or call the list members to see if anyone was interested in doing the same.

If your interested in being on the list you can send me a private message on the forum or send me an email at wkoppa@hotmail.com. I will volunteer to assemble and distribute the list. Also:

I will not post the list to any public forum.

I will not give the list to anyone not on it.

I will not use the list for commerical use.

AND Ask that you do the same.

If your interested in giving this a try - send me the following.

1. Your BMWOA Number

2. E-mail address

3. Full name

4. Home City

5. Main bike ridden

6. Phone Number

Thanks for your interest.

Happy New Years to Everyone and may all your roads be open and safe in 2011.

Wayne Koppa
Grayling, MI
71449 Life
R850R

There are a couple of BMW MOA Ambassadors in that neck of the woods ... try reaching out to Pat Carol and the Lindell's. You can find their contact information the the front of the BMW MOA Anonymous book.

Slide To Eat

There will be a casual gathering of OA riders Sunday 19th at the Cottage Cafe on Munson Ave. in Traverse City, MI starting at noon.

http://cottage-cafe.com/contact.html.

If your not too tired from staying up to watch Ryan Dungey win the Texas Supercross - stop by, meet some people and get something to eat.

Wayne Koppa
Grayling, MI
#71449 Life

Presque Isle County BMW Rider

I live in between Cheboygan and Rogers City and would live to find other BMW riders to ride with. Keep me posted on how a possible club up north works out. If I can help let me know.

I ride a blue 2007 R1200RT.

Yours,
Pat

Northern Michigan BMWOA Riders List Meeting

There will be a meeting of the members of the Northern Michigan BMW OA Riders List Sunday April 22, 2012 in Gaylord, Michigan, 49735, at BJ's at 990 N. Central Ave. at 1:00 P.M. If your interested in meeting a few other like minded riders please drop in.

Wayne Koppa
Grayling, MI

While I have been know to ride some distance to eat, meet, and greet, I can't make this one as I have to work. But I will keep this in mind for the future.

After all, it's only about 140 miles away.

There will be a meeting of the members of the Northern Michigan BMW OA Riders List Sunday April 22, 2012 in Gaylord, Michigan, 49735, at BJ's at 990 N. Central Ave. at 1:00 P.M. If your interested in meeting a few other like minded riders please drop in.

Wayne Koppa
Grayling, MI

Any updates on the new club??

David Hogerheide

Upadates on the un-club

It was a basic Ride To Eat (RTE). Lots of discussion. Many liked the lack of structure. There seemed to be an apple pie shortage in the area. One of the riders arrived with a large university emblem on the side of his maize and blue RT. Can't seem to remember the name of the university or where it was located. Somewhere south. We then agreed again on the lack of structure and lack of formality being a good thing. Briefly talked about the day before superbike race in Georgia. Discussion about ongoing bike projects and some bikes that are on wish lists. More than a little discussion on the BMW OA SuperStakes and if we are going to pick up our prizes or have them delivered. Would have loved to been at the first meeting where the SuperStakes idea was pitched. As pieces of pie met their fate we moved to the parking lot to check the bikes out along with any farkles they may have. Some were planning on going to Sturgis for the Mini Rally and others to the National. During or after those events someone will pitch a plan to the list and we can try it all over again,

Wayne Koppa
Grayling, MI

Northern Michigan Group - Meeting

David,

I presume you have the list that Wayne K has put together??? If so, email everyone on it for a meeting specific to "organize" a charter club. I'm interested, either charter or unchartered. Pick a spot that is general to the region. Be prepared to lay out what it takes to create a charter, take the ball and run with it.

Jim Patrick
Traverse City

http://www.cycle-moore.com/motorcycleshopcampground.php?page_location=museum

Looks like it might lean to H-D, but any motorcycle campground is worth check on.

They do lean very heavily to the HD crowd..."not that there's anything wrong with that!".

however...There is a campground south of there called Kestelwoods www.kestelwoods.com that is motorcycle friendly. VERY CLEAN restrooms and showers, like hospital clean. Heated pool, water and electric at all sites, great restaurant and party store, covered pavilion and, again VERY CLEAN!

I have been there many times and know they will discount for groups. Call the manager Greg 231-862-3476 he will hook you up.

N. MI list

I am up in Harbor Springs and would be game to try and rally some of the guys here that I know with Bimmers. Would anyone be interested in meeting up to ski and maybe plan a spring ride?

Northern Michigan Riders Club

Greetings -
I have ridden airheads for @ 35 years, but I just purchased a sweet 2002 R1150RT & am always looking to ride here in Cadillac, MI.

Anybody out in North MI - give me a thread regarding possible club forming -

Thanks
Jake

N. Michigan BMW Riders

Hey Jake,

Contact Wayne to get on the email list (see the first post on this thread)

John Peck
Maple City, Mi

Back