Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Who will be the GS Giant?

Quote Originally Posted by Visian View Post
    does "We Bare All" count?
    Oooh...No...nonononono....

Jettn Jim

Smile Mucho Gracias...

Quote Originally Posted by Visian View Post
    The Queen of the Giants will be in the house tomorrow night. Come by on Thursday morning and we will get you signed up.

The Gypsy Tour ends tonight, I went to visit the campground last night... be-yoo-tee-full!!!

Glad you're here.

Ian
    Ok kewel beans I'll be by! Probably come over Wed. to check out the doin's too...If I get the bike back together I may do some riding Wed. as well...
    Thanx JJ

The BMW PC riders came by the GS Giant track and made a few changes. I am not sure if it was for safety or to make things ........... better.

The conversation kinda went like this:

Hey guys I think your sand is too deep.

Isn't that turn too tight on a bike bike ? Because its hard coming down that way.

You know even the best rider is going to have trouble here ....... how many are coming this way ? I would sure hate to be the last rider you better make this wider.

If you dig this deeper the front tire will hit here and make it more of a challenge.

Here is an idea, if someone has a perfect score they ought to move up a level. You could just cancel them out and make them ride it again.

Our reply, did you bring any candy or beer for our Queen ? Is that M 5 for her or whats in the trailer behind it ? I think she can drop you guys off in South Carolina. Have you met our Queen ?
    If one cannot command attention by one's admirable qualities one can at least be a nuisance

BOKRIJDER
    Chris opened the discussion on the track so let me give an insight into the design and challenges presented on the track. Each obstacle presents a challenge which can be reasonably expected while off road riding - no tricks or gimmicks.

In addition to the competitive aspect, we hope that riding the course will also be a learning experience and a confidence builder. The BMW folks were particularly helpful with this aspect. I have always viewed a track in terms of competition and had somewhat overlooked the training aspect. Their experience with the mental aspects of challenging situations for the less experienced and the experts refined a few of the obstacles.

A lot of words to say - the entry level course is a bit easier and the experts course a bit more challenging. The medium skill category strikes a balance between the two.

I hope that each participant leaves the Rally a more skilled off road rider.

I would also like to thank each volunteer. This track would not have been possible without your help. My only wish is that it could have been a bit cooler - daily highs of 95 to 100 are taxing.

Have fun !!

Bokrijder

M J Stone

Gsg track competition

GS Giant Track Competition - FRIDAY

9am - 2pm TECH INSPECTION - stop by the GSM Moto Tent in the infield to have your bike and gear inspected.

2:30 pm - RIDER MEETING - meet at the GSM Moto Tent in the infield.

3pm-6pm TRACK COMPETITION

TRACK IS CLOSED UNTIL THE COMPETITION IS COMPLETE!

Track will be open for all on Saturday.

GS Giant Fun from a newbie perspective

I signed up for the GS Gypsy tour and GS Giant to learn new skills and widen my circle of friends. This goal has been clearly more than fulfilled. So far I rode almost 4000 miles on and off road since leaving my house in FL. Polar Bear and Joe provided a clinic for new riders in the camp in Marienville, PA. We went for a ride and I could learn firsthand from the experts. The next day became a bit more challenging and complicated - although the fun factor did not diminish. As the days progressed I was able to gather more skills and got a better feeling for balance, clutch and throttle control. The GS Giant competition was fun to participate. Every rider was extremely helpful and if you have not participated this year, you missed out BIG. I can highly recommend this to all members with GS bikes.
    A special thank you goes to all who made this event possible. Looking forward to next year.
    Let's go out and ride...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Statdawg View Post

Our reply, did you bring any candy or beer for our Queen ? Is that M 5 for her or whats in the trailer behind it ? I think she can drop you guys off in South Carolina. Have you met our Queen ?
    Hey! No one told me this! Where is it???

(that would have been worth a bazillion bonus points!)

On the road to nowhere aphillips66's Avatar

Thumbs up His parade lap...

Here is your GS Giant riding the prize on a parade lap.

fotopat

GS Giant Photos

I will be posting pics here that I took as one of the photo volunteers - may take a bit of time to do some of the editing as it is back to work tomorrow but will post asap. Meanwhile, thanks to Ian, Tracy and the crew for a fine job and congratulations to Josh and all the entrants. Here's a few for starters:

Pat Corrigan / fotopat@aol.com
    Last edited by fotopat; 07-25-2011 at 06:03 PM.

Thumbs up Who won it?

Bill here

Left Sat morning, the heat whacked me out, so who won the bike, better yet any idea on results?

Rony, did the pics I took of you work out?

Bill Hooykaas

Quote Originally Posted by hooykaas View Post
    Bill here

Left Sat morning, the heat whacked me out, so who won the bike, better yet any idea on results?

Rony, did the pics I took of you work out?

Bill Hooykaas
    Hi Bill, I was wondering where you were. Did Michael and Francois disappear with you??

Josh won the bike with Rony a very close second. I will post results of the competition and overal Giant scores early this week. Need to get my thoughts back together.

Scores

I will have the track scores and overall GS Giant scores posted within the next few days. Just need to check in with the real job....you know...the one that pays for my fun....

The Winning Giant!

Josh and his prize! Surrounded by Dimon, Steve S. Scott, Kevin, Matt, Peter, Tracy, Rony, and Clay.

Smile Josh, YES!!!

Great news on the winner, and runners up, I think all you guys deserve a big hand for your fearlessness and grit. Josh sure put in his dues on the roads to get the prize! No one got hurt and I think everyone had a great time despite heat in no small part due to the tireless effort of Tracey et al!! Thanks to all the volunteers and fellow riders who all chipped in with whatever tasks were needed to be done, including fixing flats dragging bikes out of the muskeg, marshaling, cooking.

This was about my 20th MOA National and I must say the best! Why, because I got involved and really used the GS for what it was designed to do. Next year when I am back from South America I will be doing the Giant again, but this time will take it seriously and come chasing you all, and for sure will be taking a stab at the skills competition.

Thanks again to all, and see you on the road.

Tracy, Mike and I headed out north on Saturday morning early, and Francois headed west on on his world trip at the same time. Sorry we did not hook up to say goodby, but will see you down the road for sure!

Cheers
    Bill

Some pics
    Attached Images Attached Images