• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Rally Music?

Popa Chubby was great in Vermont on Friday Night. Really, most music is ok as long as it is played by musicians who have teeth and don't howl at the moon.

Speaking of the Johnson City Rally, did anybody ever find the missing banner?

That would be no. That was given to me personally by the Johnson City Chamber and I would still like to have it. No questions asked. If whoever has it would return it, please send it to the MOA office. It would be appreciated.

I've enjoyed all the acts at the nationals that I have attended, but my favorite to date has been Asleep at the Wheel at the Du Quoin National. :bow
Wow Asleep at the Wheel, we love that Texas Swing!
The 2010 Finger lakes rally had a great dance band on Saturday. We danced till our toes hurt.:dance
Tony

Hey, Hey....

Look what BMW Motorrad is bringing to PA for our 2011 Rally:

BMW Motorcycles is bringing a German-style rally festivities to this year's MOA. You are all invited, whether you ride a BMW or not, to come to our tent for the Oktoberfest in July. Come for the food, drinks and entertainment. And speaking of entertainment we have a real treat for you. We have invited the most popular German event band "Blechblos'n" straight from the BMW Motorrad Days in Bavaria to join us at this very special celebration. The group "Blechblos'n" is the hottest rally band you have ever seen. They are so entertaining that we are bringing them from Germany just to perform for you at our tent at this year's MOA. Look for more info on our special MOA tent to be released soon.
Just keeps getting better!

See ya'all in Bloomsburg. :german

Great addition

Hey, Hey....

BMW Motorcycles is bringing a German-style rally festivities to this year's MOA. You are all invited, whether you ride a BMW or not, to come to our tent for the Oktoberfest in July. Come for the food, drinks and entertainment. And speaking of entertainment we have a real treat for you. We have invited the most popular German event band "Blechblos'n" straight from the BMW Motorrad Days in Bavaria to join us at this very special celebration. The group "Blechblos'n" is the hottest rally band you have ever seen. They are so entertaining that we are bringing them from Germany just to perform for you at our tent at this year's MOA. Look for more info on our special MOA tent to be released soon.

Its a BMW Conquest Sales Event that will be part of our rally to a point. However its going to be held just outside the gated Fairgrounds in the huge parking area and its open to the public ! From there public attendees that wish to see the MOA rally events will have to register.....................unless things have changed. There for a while the Town of Bloomsburg didn't know the differance between BMW Motorrad and the MOA. :whistle

:german

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MU9wh0HOFX4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If it's like the real Oktoberfest the beer garden might not be too crowded. I've been to the real thing and it's something I'll never forget, assuming what I remember really happened. I liked the dancing on the table part the best.

That's entertainment!

Maybe after "Blechblos'n" gets done with their gig at the Motorrad event we could invite them over to the main stage to do a battle of the bands with someone like Paul Thorn. Now THAT would be an interesting set to watch! :clap:violin:dance:usa:german:bottle:drink:twirl

Some of us old airheads see it diffferently. We like it simple and we like the real thing. We like instruments that don't run on electricity and have strings (except for the harmonica).

It's that whole Newport Folk Festival battle Part II............Pete Seegar vs Bob Dylan and his electric guitar. A rift that scared the folk music scene for decades...................

Who can get to the extension cord first?

Hey, Hey....

BMW Motorcycles is bringing a German-style rally festivities to this year's MOA. You are all invited,.............Look for more info on our special MOA tent to be released soon.

Since their tent is going to be outside of the fairgrounds, I hope BMW NA has applied for a PA liquor license. A hofbrau experience without helles, lager or weissbier is a bit thin on content.

Since their tent is going to be outside of the fairgrounds, I hope BMW NA has applied for a PA liquor license. A hofbrau experience without helles, lager or weissbier is a bit thin on content.

So are you saying Pennsylvanians can't pull this off with such a rich German Heritage ?

Motorrad is a bit behind but I have faith in them. Recently the Town and Fairgrounds thought they were part of us and Motorrad is being fashionably late. So they have to become compliant with not only a liquor license but entertainment fees, community tax applications and meet with the Mayor, Police and Fairgrounds Traffic Office.

The Motorrad event is being held just outside the secure gates of our Rally on Friday. I don't know what the MOA plans are for entertainment on that day since I suspect BMW wants us to join them with their open to the public audience. Because this is a major Conquest Sales Event and Stunt Show, the later may have more than just "Teach."

I don't worry so much about their band(s) and beer, I just want it to be a success for us and them. You never know someone in the public maybe inspired to purchase a BMW and join us. BTW if they wish, they can see our rally by paying the fee.

Paul Thorn---Jim Thorpe, PA on Sat. July 23 and
Lancaster, PA on Sun. July 24

I bet I can guess where he will be on Friday July 22. :dance

So are you saying Pennsylvanians can't pull this off with such a rich German Heritage ?

As we say, the PA Dutch were the German's that were asked to leave........

Strict Protestants that didn't dance or drink, who had tired of the religious wars in northern Germany and Holland....the PA Dutch were more Prussian than Bavarian.

Have you ever seen a happy bar in a PA Dutch area? A PA Dutchman takes his beer, hides in a corner and whispers to his life long friend. A Bavarian sits at a table with strangers, drinks his beer and sings with the strangers. A modern day northern German might sit at a table with strangers, drinks his beer and, possibly, smiles at the strangers.

Poppa Chubby

+1 on Poppa Chubby!

I saw Poppa Chubby in Vermont too and I thought he and the band were great ! I wandered into the Beer Tent in the middle of the afternoon on the day that Poppa was playing at the rally and he and the band were practicing in the Beer Tent in the middle of the afternoon. What a treat, there probably wasn't more than 20 or more people in there at the time and I pulled up a front row seat and watched them practice for about an hour.........he is an amazing guitar player and he was wailing away that afternoon and that night too.

I also got a big kick out of seeing Commander Cody in Vermont too.....what a hoot.

How about Dickey Betts and Great Southern? That would be a great show!

Don

+1 on Poppa Chubby!

We met Poppa Chubby at a rest stop on the highway on our way to the rally. He was driving his own van, pulled up behind us and asked if we were going to the rally. He was genuinely excited to be our headliner and couldn't wait to get there.

I've seen him a few times and he always puts on a great show.

Paul Thorn Band schedule shows a private party booked for Friday Night. This will be a good show, I can not wait! :clap

I noticed that too! I'm really hoping it's us! I enjoyed his show last year so much I ordered 2 CDs from his website!

Back