• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Zumo 220

smartin108

Hello,

I've been a member for nearly a week now! I have a gps question; does anyone have any experience with the Garmin Zumo 220?

Steve

what do you want to know about the Zumo? (a little more "precision" in your questioning will elicit more directed/valuable answers)
Try the Search function in the upper right corner. Search is your friend.

Hello,

I've been a member for nearly a week now! I have a gps question; does anyone have any experience with the Garmin Zumo 220?

Steve
Hi Steve, Welcome to the forums. As your question is more of a Gear question I'm going to move it over there for you. As chance may have it a recent GPS question has had the suggestion to the members to bring forth some of their best GPS info. That thread is also in the gear area or you can Click Here. Again, welcome have fun and enjoy. Any questions just ask, Gary

Steve,
I have a Zumo 220. I'm not the brightest with it but have managed to beat it to submission most of the time.

I can do the basic stuff like Point A to B. Can't launch the space shuttle with though.

I'll answer any question that I can.

Thanks for the replys. I am a neophyte GPS-wise, but the Zumo 220 at $299 looks like alot of gps for the price. I was soliciting opinions on whether it's a decent unit or fraught with problems.

I guess my question would be which processor/software does the 220 have? I have heard that the 66x series is significantly faster than the zumo 550, which is what I have. If the 220 is based on the same hardware as the 660, it seems like a good deal. On the other hand, I almost never use the touchscreen, buttons are much easier with gloves on.

I've had mine for a little over a year and no problems so far.
In my opinion, it is a good, worthwhile unit. There are others that will do more I guess, but for not getting lost and for going places it is an excellent device.

Zumo Forum

I suggest you hunt down the Zumo Forum <http://www.zumoforums.com/index.php?action=forum> for answers to most questions.

You should register there, it is free, and there seems to be no downside. They have a huge section of FAQs, and there is a special section for the 220. The forum is well run, and orderly. :thumb

That's pretty good. Where did you find that price?
I use a Nuvi 550 which is very similar to the Zumo 220 and I've been very happy with it.

Lee --

The Zumo 220 and Nuvi 255 share the same cabling and mounts. If you have Nuvi 255 wiring and mounting cradle, the Zumo 220 will plug right in and click into the same mount. Also, the batteries are the same.

Of course, unlike the Nuvi 255, the Zumo 220 DOES have bluetooth! At $300, sounds like an interesting upgrade for Nuvi 255 owners!

Back