• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Tapatalk access

Thanks, Lynn.

When I launch Tapatalk, select "Explore," and enter "BMW MOA," I'm taken to a screen that says "BMW MOA" and displays the old BMW blue-and-green North America logo; it has spaces for username and password. I enter mine, but it doesn't let me in.

If I go to "History," there's an entry showing "BMW MOA guest." Below that is a tab for "Forums," which takes me to the forums as a guest. I can see things as a guest, but it's clumsy as there doesn't appear to be a "new posts" setting, and I can't post as I'm still not logged in.

Perhaps this is not yet a mature technology. :scratch

Once you get logged in, hit the upper left menu button, under this forum you will have an "unread" option. It will show you all posts you have not read. Since you are not logged in, it doesn't know which posts are read or not.

Once you get logged in, hit the upper left menu button, under this forum you will have an "unread" option. It will show you all posts you have not read. Since you are not logged in, it doesn't know which posts are read or not.

Makes perfect sense. But I can't log in to Tapatalk, so that option doesn't appear.

Whether I'm logged in to the Forum or the MOA website on my computer and iPhone or not, and whether I try as username my MOA and Forum login name or the name that appears in my Forum posts, Tapatalk continues to report "Login failed. You have entered an invalid username or password."

Your post in the other Tapatalk thread made me think to try powering down the phone and rebooting it. I did that. It still wouldn't let me in.

Do you have an advrider account. Try that just to convince yourself you are not crazy. I had the same behavior, kept poking at it and it started working. Frustrating I know. Wish I knew what I did to get it going. The 1.17 version was flawless. 2.0 just came out today.

I do have an advrider account, and Tapatalk works fine there. I see the "unread" tab. Just like it oughta be.

Maybe it'll work tomorrow. :dunno

I contacted tapatalk. If you join their community forum and are willing to give them your login/password they will debug it for you. The responded to me in just a few hours.

It would be better if an admin gave them a test account.

Mine still working fine.

Thanks, Lynn. I joined, and sent them a message. I'll report back.

And I just wandered through the Tapatalk support forums, and found a number of others who are having the same problem and cannot access the BMW MOA forums.

I posted in the Tapatalk support forum along with my BMWMOA login info, and was advised (by Tapatalk) to clear my iPhone's cache (I couldn't figure out how to do that, so I cleared my computer browser's cache instead...), and log in again. This time, the login to Tapatalk worked.

That reminds me, when I was poking around I did find a clear cache button somewhere in tapatalk. That is probably what got me going as well.

I am currently unable to connect to the forum with Tapatalk. Is it working for anyone?

Not working for me either. I can log into Tapatalk and ADVrider but can't log into the MOA forum using either my Forum login credentials or my MOA login credentials.

Not Working on my iPad

Tapatalk not working on my iPad but only for this Forum. My three others all work just fine.

As, best I can tell, Tapatalk has not been re-intergrated with the forum. There is quite a bit going on in the background and Ted knows about it.
OM

Tapatalk Access is Now Available

Our forum is now accessible on Tapatalk. You will need to replace the current version in your list of forums. Delete the current BMW MOA forum and then add a forum. Search for forums.bmwmoa.org and you will see the new logo.

Thanks for everyone's patience. I couple of unexpected hurdles today, but we are getting much closer to being 100%. Next stop, the Flea Market, replacing the old links and Single Site Logon!

It works!! Thanks Ted!

Note: I had to reenter my username and password. My previously stored credentials in Tapatalk did not work.

can't login

I added the new forum to tapatalk and can't login.

An error about an expected start tag flashes up then goes away.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

I added the new forum to tapatalk and can't login.

An error about an expected start tag flashes up then goes away.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Could be a number of things but most likely easy to remedy. A few of the previous pages in this thread probably have the best advice. Your device most likely had old forum information stored and therefore Tapatalk is trying, but with the wrong "key". Your device needs to be cleaned of the old info......the URL is now a bit different, so the history, cache, and cookies need to be updated.
Some more reading here- http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?75191-Forum-Operations
And here- http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?74775-Login-discussion-thread
Let us know how you make out........don't tease us about your weather :D
OM

I have removed the old BMW MOA site from tapatalk.
I have uninstalled and re-installed Tapatalk.
I have added the new BMW MOA forum to Tapatalk.
Error are reported in my last post

TapatalkError.png

I then changed my password.. man that was a pain in the butt.
As part of that I came to notice that the BMWMOA.org site is hosted by YM-Site.com and that the SSL certificate for BMWMOR.ORG is invalid because it the SSL cert was issued for YM-Site.com then used on BMWMOA.org
Use chrome. Go hear: https://forums.bmwmoa.org/ See errors.

My guess is that if you fix your SSL certificate you'll fix your tapatalk problems.

Hope that helps...

Back