Thread: Miscategorized Marketplace ads

Miscategorized Marketplace ads

Is it just me or is there a lot of items lumped in the MOTORCYCLES area of the Marketplace?

Have not tried to list anything myself so don't know if it's hard to select a category and the default is motorcycles Parts of a motorcycle and clothing just aren't motorcycles. Maybe if it is a default to M'cycles it can be tweaked by Panjo?

Realize many posting ads NEVER venture over here or post on the forum, thought I'd ask anyway for those that do. I did not post in the Panjo feedback thread as it did not seem to be a software issue...but maybe it is
    Steve Henson
    SABMWRA MOA Club#62's Flat Fixer/ current forum moderator
    It's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away-D.Dillon/G. Strait

Steve -

I see that a lot. I can't speak for all ads that are placed, but I think part of the issue is that what we might see in New Posts for new ads being placed reflect only the limited categories shown in the in-forum listings - Motorcycles for Sale, Accessories/Gear/Parts, Wanted to Buy, Wanted to Trade. Maybe that's not all that different from the categories one gets when placing an ad - Motorcycle, Other Motorcycle, Accessories, Apparel & Gear, Hard Parts, Things to Trade, Things Wanted. So maybe more or less the same given that Accessories/Gear/Parts is shredded out more in the actual Panjo market.

It's probably as you suggest...the people don't much go past the first category when placing their ad.
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

I've been recategorizing anything that I see every few days. It is most likely people trying to beat the system. This was/is a problem for eBay too. Sellers trying to take advantage of the category structure to get the most views.

Some of it is education of users, but when you see multiple items miscategorized from long term users and sellers, you have to believe it is manipulation.

I'll keep moving the ones that I see. I have thought about making the category titles clearer, but haven't had a chance to think that all the way through or what it should look like. Another one for the to do list.

Thanks for the info...I have noticed the movement, which could be a full time job it seems
    Steve Henson
    SABMWRA MOA Club#62's Flat Fixer/ current forum moderator
    It's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away-D.Dillon/G. Strait

I've sold a couple of things, and its not difficult to find the proper category and place your item there. I had though it was merely user error or laziness for the wrong category placement, but I agree there are a lot lately.

Drives me nuts! If it doesn't have a serial number recognizable by the department of transportation, IT'S NOT A MOTORCYCLE! I won't buy anything from anyone who doesn't know the difference between PART(S) of a motorcycle and an actual motorcycle.
    Paul
    Stop wrestling with your motorcycle, dance with it.
    2011 R1200RT Traded
    2014 R1200RT fully optioned

Quote Originally Posted by sedanman View Post
    Drives me nuts! If it doesn't have a serial number recognizable by the department of transportation, IT'S NOT A MOTORCYCLE! I won't buy anything from anyone who doesn't know the difference between PART(S) of a motorcycle and an actual motorcycle.
    The posters just miss the proper categories when they post. Not a real plot to upset the fate of the Nation.
    OM
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Just because I'm so mean and nasty, I have to agree with Sedanman - If they're not bright enough to put their ad in the right place, as far as I'm concerned, they're not bright enough to own or maintain a bike, so no way I'd deal with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls1150 View Post
    Just because I'm so mean and nasty, I have to agree with Sedanman - If they're not bright enough to put their ad in the right place, as far as I'm concerned, they're not bright enough to own or maintain a bike, so no way I'd deal with them.
    If they posted wrong consistently would be one thing.......Most posters are long term members that, due to the Panjo F/M, are making their first posts. As Mods, there is nothing we can do as it's up to Panjo or a Panjo administrator to correct or move the posts.
    If you can, welcome them to the forum and help them get squared away.
    OM
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200