• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Max BMW

nytrashman

i will copy & paste part of an e-mail i received today. this comes from someone very respected and i trust it to be completely true:

George, I thought you'd be interested in this part of Jake's email today:

The big new's from Steve and Greg was twofold: Penske (Penske Racing, suspension, Detroit Diesel, etc.) has purchased a half interest in the MAX BMW business. Now they're poised to take over Cliff's, down your way. According to Steve and Greg it will be an exclusive BMW dealership - no Aprillia, Guzzi, Ducati, etc. This week MAX will be interviewing personnel.

Last edited:
i am George and the part about me being displeased with Max is a mistake........i had problems with Cliff's not Max. the author of the original e-mail made a mistake about who i had trouble with.

Steve and Greg are two employees at Max BMW. the author of the original e-mail (Jake) is good friends with most of the employees at Max and he sent the original e-mail to a friend of mine, who in turn forwarded part of that e-mail to me, which i posted here.

i wanted to post this as general info that Max is being taken over and from what i gather Cliff's BMW in CT might be bought out as well.

So I quess the question about your screw over is now transparent........it was the Cliffs dealership...............and someone is taking out the trash.

i am not sure i understand what you mean by this, please explain?

Last edited:
Penske Auto Group and Max BMW have been 50-50 partners for a few years, What is news worthy if true is PAG buying Cliffs. I don't have any information on the potential purchase of Cliffs, but the Max info is in the PAG 10-K.

I guess that I'm feeling a bit out of the loop with most of the posts in this thread. My experience with MAX BMW has been from using the excellent on-line parts fiche and in receiving prompt and accurately filled orders (with the bag of m's).

I'm sorry that I didn't take advantage of the opportunity to stop by MAX's place in NY last summer as I was heading to the RA Rally in VT. We rode right by MAX's, but we were anxious to get registered and establish our campsite.

I don't know anything about Cliff's.

I hope, as I imagine do all of MAX's customers, that the excellent service will continue.

They'd have to be crazy to eliminate the online fiche. According to Drew and Rusty it generates a huge part of their parts business.

And, yes, Rose is a wonder. Like everyone in that department, she is incredibly helpful. She is also a fountain of knowledge concerning gear and apparel. I sent my daughter over there alone with explicit instructions to deal with Rose and no one else to get outfitted with a quality helmet and a safe jacket. There isn't anyone else in the business I'd have done that with. I knew I could rest assured that, not only would she get safe gear, but also that it would fit properly.

i'm pretty sure that the buyout

of Cliff's was announced 3 or 4 weeks ago. :clap

I read it at ADVrider...

sc

Max bmw

Never fear about the online fiche issue. I posted yesterday about the new fiche at www.carolinaeuro.com. It just went up and if you need any BMW parts you can purchase them online directly from these guys. My personal experience with them has been excellent so far.

Back