• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Image Painting the BMW's

HDR is like Auto-tune... used properly it makes things better without being overly noticeable.

Misused and well it grates on your senses... of course some people really like both. Have you heard what passes for music these days! :groovy

RM,

Good! Peace, clarification, it's all good. And thank you!

As to the subject matter of that last shot, I did consider that before posting it. My reason for using that image as opposed to something else is simple: as I mentioned before, I experimented with this stuff almost 3 years ago and then lost interest. I didn't actually create all that many images with it. The above was the last one I've got that would illustrate the point I was trying to make. Notice that I never actually specified what the subject was anywhere in the description. Hopefully anyone that frequents the photo sub forums will see it as a beautifully shaped object, and a relevant subject for the discussion at hand.

If anyone is offended by the image, I suppose I'll have to move it to a web page on my private photographic website, and just put a link to it in the posting here. Or it'll just get deleted by the powers that be and the responses to it will make no sense.

Before closing out this topic (HDR) I'd like to make a couple of general observations.

This thread was started by Steve, who posted a series of just exactly the type of tone mapped images that have now come under criticism as a misuse of that technique. <snippage>.

Yeah, like when digital first came out and many holdouts cried that it was "cheating" and unworthy of being called photography! :lol
(saddly I was among them, at least in part, and held on to film till around 2000, "ain't nothin' out there better than my trusty ol' Nikon F !" or so I thought at the time! Ha Ha!)

Its all good.....

RM

Cold ride to Natchez Trace

Not a HDR shot, but it looks about as cold as it felt with the black Tron-like effects.

Attachments

• Natchez Trace Bridge in Dec.jpg
    Natchez Trace Bridge in Dec.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 65
Back