• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2011 Rally Q&A

Bike Parking

If it's to be THAT packed, where does one park ones bike?..I would like to keep mine very close....all this talk of camping closeness is giving me pause....how large is the camp ground area anyway?..is there a limit on the numbers of campers allowed or is ti stack'm high...

tj

If it's to be THAT packed, where does one park ones bike?..I would like to keep mine very close....all this talk of camping closeness is giving me pause....how large is the camp ground area anyway?..is there a limit on the numbers of campers allowed or is ti stack'm high...

tj

For the Sherpa camp, there is enough space in front of your tent to park your bike.

For regular camping, it can get chaotic unless you find a less dense area to camp. Depends on how your neighbors set up while you are gone.

We've camped with Sherpa Ted at the past 4 nationals, and have had absolutely NO issues with the proximity of the tents. I've booked with him for this year's Chicken Rally, and we'll be booking for this year's national soon! The benefits are many, the detriments nonexistant, in my opinion.

I've camped with Sherpa Ted in the past also and it's been great. :thumb He even let me use his cigar cutter after I lost mine, an unadvertised service. Ted's tents are lined up in neat rows so spacing is not an issue. Navigating through tents in the camping area is a lot more challenging as there is no 'order' and there are guy lines and such all over the place.

Tip-Hat_an.gif

Who and what is this Sherpa Camp?

How can I reserve a spot in the SHERPA camp?..sounds well organized..

TJ

I offer a service that provides all your camping gear (tent, air mattress, sleeping bag, pillow, chair, shade, cell phone charging, etc). Plus I set it up and tear it down. All you have to do is arrive at your tent, find your chair inside and start relaxing.

Saves a lot of bulk/weight by not having to pack that stuff on your own.

More info and the ability to reserve your tent can be found on my site: www.sherpamayberry.com

Some INFO...source about the "BLOOM" environs

you get mucho
go to www.itourculmbiamontour.com

visitor stuff, you can order or download maps,
data list of
atractions (yes the roads of course too..there are special pdf maps!)
food/dining
lodging...yup some other camping spots in the cool woods on one of those windy roads
recreation...so you had enuf riding and the kids want amusement
shoppin
organization.... well you get the picture

see your RALLY INFORMATION chair... yup MURPHEY

When is the schedule of events going to be posted for the rally? Does anyone know when the bike show starts and ends? Is it on a Saturday?

Thanks.

Map of grounds with MOA info

When will the site map of the grounds be available...the only thing I have read so far is that registration will be at Gate 5 (which is good since I have volunteered for it again this year)?

As a registration volunteer, it is good to have an idea where stuff will be when we get the questions as our folks arrive...and they never seem to look at the book until they are totally lost!!

Bev
# 5791

STING II 1994 Dakar Yellow K75S

The final changes to the Rally site map are being submitted this coming Monday. It will be published in the next ON. The folks involved have done a great job!

I would expect it to be posted on the International Rally page as well.

Can't thank the people involved in the MOA Rally enough, GREAT Job. Anyone know what the Beer list looks like this year? Looking forward to filling my mug in July :drink

The final changes to the Rally site map are being submitted this coming Monday. It will be published in the next ON. The folks involved have done a great job!

I'm still unable to find any specification about the rally's schedule of events. I'll be on my way back from the RoadRUNNER Touring Weekend that week, but I have to be back home in Ontario by Saturday evening, July 23. So I need to know what will be going on during Thursday and Friday that might make it worth while to stop over for at least Thursday night (or even Friday night as well if I could tolerate a monster day of riding from central PA up to Haliburton, ON on Saturday).

Can anyone fill in the blanks for me? What will be available to see and do on Thursday? How about Friday morning?

I noticed the lead on the site home page is a Rally update. So where is this infamous map I keep hearing about?

I'm still unable to find any specification about the rally's schedule of events. I'll be on my way back from the RoadRUNNER Touring Weekend that week, but I have to be back home in Ontario by Saturday evening, July 23. So I need to know what will be going on during Thursday and Friday that might make it worth while to stop over for at least Thursday night (or even Friday night as well if I could tolerate a monster day of riding from central PA up to Haliburton, ON on Saturday).

Can anyone fill in the blanks for me? What will be available to see and do on Thursday? How about Friday morning?

The schedule is being finalized and I'm guessing it will be posted soon. :lurk

Well, a least now I know that activities appear to start on Thursday morning. Exactly what activities, aside from registration, however, remains a mystery. Still no schedule of activities available, or am I just not seeing it where it is posted?

We will be in a small motorhome, and need power for a CPAP. Will there be power available at the Rally or should we look for a private campground?

TIA

Maybe I am blind, but so far I haven't been able to find out who the music is this year. Does anyone know? :dunno

We will be in a small motorhome, and need power for a CPAP. Will there be power available at the Rally or should we look for a private campground?

TIA

I can't definitively answer this, but I can tell you that a deep cycle battery with a 100w inverter will do the trick for a couple nights. You can get three or more nights if you get a 12v CPAP.

Your next problem is how to recharge that battery. When I boon-docked, I used a solar panel.

Back