• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2011 Rally Q&A

Not camping at the rally is like going to the circus and staying in the parking lot.
If you set up your tent in the "quiet area" or as far from the beer tent and stage, you will be able to sleep at night. We are not like the Sturgis Hardly Davidson rally. At midnight you can hear snoring and it is reasonably quiet.

On Site

Good to hear that everyone's down by midnight or so.....this is just my first rally...have no idea what to expect........I guess I'll find out soon..

tj

Earplugs are always good to wear at bedtime at the rally. Snoring or talkative neighbours have never been a problem for me.

When do we stop?

Good to hear that everyone's down by midnight or so..

tj

Not EVERYONE is down at midnight! :twirl:newtoy:bottle:buds:gerg

There are "noisy" zones and "sorta quiet" zones..:snore Walk around the site and check areas out. Talk to the people at the rally, and you will find a place for you.:bikes

having difficulty with that picture - Ian dancing on the tables.

OK, I can see Ian dancing with GS's:uhoh
Ian dancing on tables....:jawdrop...don't go there!

I think Ian will be hitting the dirt doing either tasks! :stick

Last edited:
We are not like the Sturgis Hardly Davidson rally.
At midnight you can hear snoring and it is reasonably quiet.

Snoring reasonably quiet? :nono

I guess you never camped next to my tent. :laugh:laugh:laugh

P.S. I always have an extra earplugs for my camping neighbors. ;)

We have traditionally been Beer Tent and Dance Floor oriented with our tenting. This year should be no exception. After the rally, a quiet motel with a very long hot shower. As we say: dance like noone's looking! :twirl:dance But maybe that's just us. - Bob

Will there be a running race/event?

I found what turned out to be an old thread about an 8K race at the 2009 rally(?) Is this sort of race a regular event at MOA rallies? Will there be a race at Bloomsburg?

P

I found what turned out to be an old thread about an 8K race at the 2009 rally(?) Is this sort of race a regular event at MOA rallies? Will there be a race at Bloomsburg?

P

there should be, no question. Andrea Borelli (with or without husband John) has been the Rally Run Chair for the past buncha (25 +/-?) years. Living in CT will make her attendance that much easier- tho distance has never been the issue for her making it to a National.

Back