• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Big Mak Tank Bags

Fletch66

I recently saw the big mak setup on a bike, but was unable to talk to the owner. The setup looks really sharp especially when filling the tank. Anyone have any experience with this setup?
Thanks,
Brad Doyle
Fairview Heights, IL

Big Mak bag

I've had a mid-size Big Mak tank bag in a 2004 R1150RT for about 3 years now. Swings out of the way for fueling, and the mounting plate ensures that there are no rub marks on the tank. Not sure about the largest size though.
Oogmuk

Hey Brad, since we are practically neighbors I thought I would chime in. I have on one my 97 RT and it is fantastic. Wouldn't ever go back to another brand and I have had several different ones.

big mac

And they turn a cool shade of purple/grey after 10 years or so! I would not trade it for anything else.

After trying the BMW offering in this area for one trip, I quickly switched to the Big Mak. If you get the big one, be careful of overloading it and bending the plastic platten.(Or as some have done switch to a lightweight alluminum one.) Other than that great idea!

Back