• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

So long, Ron Santo

wezul

Cage Rattler
Few memories are as distinct in my mind as the '69 Cubs. A good season with a heartbreaking finish.

Part of that '69 team was Ron Santo, third base.
1113225744_mjMU8-O.jpg

He played that position well, tenacious defense and hit with power. I can remember him running down the third base line after a win and jumping, clicking his heels.

He later became part of the WGN radio broadcast team.
1113225741_z2ZTn-O.jpg

As long as I have known him, either as a player or a broadcaster, I cannot recall him ever having a bad thing to say about anyone.

Great guy.

Wezul,

I grew up in NY, and in '69 went to a few of those World Series games, when the Mets won!

AZ-J

Good Bye Ron

Though I never met Ron Santo, I am saddened by his passing. Barb,my s.o. who is a major Cubs fan has walked in the Ron Santo Juvenile Diabetes Walks for 10 years, and has met him several times. She has mentioned to me what a gracious man he was.
I will be sending the JDRF a check today in his memory.
Chicago and the world has lost a true hero.

Back