• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New BMW Shop in Birmingham??

leadfoot

Anyone have any info on the new owner of Bogart's BMW Shop in Birmingham?? I would also be interested to know if the new owner is in any way affiliated with the former.

Jim

http://www.bogartsmotorsports.com/

Webiste has some info, but I guess you already knew that... if the techs stayed I guess thats good. Maybe they hired someone to actually answer the service phone. Now if they can actually be open 5 days a week or more that might be good.

Moving to the southside of B-Ham is definitely a benefit for those of us who live even further south and have to drive.

I've got to be honest though, based on the excellent all-around experience I had at the dealership in Atlanta, I might still go there for service, even if it costs me another hour or 2 (hey more time to ride!)

If you find anything out, let us know!

One of my curiosities was wether the new ownership is in any way related to the last. Today a friend of mine told me that he heard from another shop that the "new ownership" is in partnership with the previous owners in used car dealerships. That said, I guess we can expect the same level of treatment that we have been recieving.

I am sure there are many explainations as to why some dealerships treat customers the way they do but.........Man if I can just win that Powerball I would show the community what customer satisfaction is.:bikes....and people!

I actually just went ahead and called the service department today...

they said the head tech and two others, plus the parts manager from Bogart's moved over... he claimed none of the former owners are involved whatsoever (This I believe to be a good thing).

They are open tues-sat 9-6pm and maintain all their certifications to work on BMWs... however they are, in his words "going down the long road to repair their relationship with BMW" so they can be recertified to do warranty work. In otherwords, they cant do warranty repairs yet.

They are also scoping out a new building location as well, and will be looking to sell 2011 model bikes soon. I think once they move and get recertified to do warranty work I amy give them a chance since they are the closest to me... will see if I buy by K1600 from them or Atlanta.

Terry's 2 Wheel Tire & Tune

If you want real service...Terry's 2 Wheel...just south of B'ham..in Pelham: 205.987.2090. All marques, but mostly BMW,Guzzi,Honda.

Back