• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Respro Foggy Question

bmwgsrider

I only used my Respro Foggy last winter and now the velcro isn't sticking to the inside of the helmet and I need to use it for the mornings as its been in the 20's. Is there something I can do to make the velcro start sticking to the inside of the helmet or am I going to need to purchase a new one as this is something that happens and is normal? I did not use it that much but it does help when I need it.

Thanks in advance.

it does not need to stick real good,, mine is kind of loose but still works. put it in your helmet and if it stays put and works don't worry about it. if it falls out, which i doubt it will, get a new one.

EDIT: forgot to mention this, make sure you turn your helmet upside down when you go to put the foggy in. push the helmet straps into the helmet, then put the foggy in and pull the straps over the foggy. the straps will help hold the foggy in place inside your helmet.

Last edited:
It sticks fine in my Arai helmet but it doesn't want to stick inside the Scorpion helmet. I don't understand.

Aerostitch 5% discount is over with tonight.

Edit: Also in the Scorpion has the velcro in it for the chin part and the Foggy seems to just stick to that part only on the helmet and not sure if that is how its always been when using Foggy in the Scorpion helmet?

Respro states that the Foggy won't work with a flip-up helmet (i.e. my Shoei Multitech). With the big ventilation openings in the front their "Bandit Mask" isn't an option.

Too bad... big market missed.

Another option is to look at the Pin-Lock system for flip-ups. I use that on my Nolan 102 with great results.

RM

Another option is to look at the Pin-Lock system for flip-ups.

I have some reservations about drilling installation mounting holes in my $45 visor, and I can't help but believe that dust build-up between the back side of the visor and the front of the Pin-Lock wouldn't reduce visibility somewhat ... cleaning the backside of the visor is a PITA as it is. Drilling those holes would, I imagine, void any kind of warranty and probably nullify the DOT rating ...

Helmet City does offer pre-installed PinLock/shield combinations ($69.95) but I'm still concerned about the dust/optical-clarity issue. Not the elegantly simple solution the Foggy provides.

Your experience?

I have some reservations about drilling installation mounting holes in my $45 visor, and I can't help but believe that dust build-up between the back side of the visor and the front of the Pin-Lock wouldn't reduce visibility somewhat ...

I understand the reluctance to drill. A pre-drilled, pins inserted visor is available for my helmet (Arai XD) so that isn't an issue for me.

As for the dust worry... dont. When properly installed there is a silicone seal that 100% keeps dust, water, whatever from the space between the pinlock insert and the visor. It does, however, take some planing when it comes time to clean the pinlock. Remove the visor. Remove the pinlock insert. Wash with mild soap, then air dry. It is a minor hassle. I only have to do this about once a month during the season.

Anna, i sent you a PM about your foggy.

Your idea so far seems to work and had to take it out yesterday. I put it back in this morning and this afternoon it started to come out of helmet when I started to put it on which I ended up taking it back out. It seems fine if you can put it in there and make sure it is placed good and not move it and have to be careful to make sure its in place good if you keep putting in and and taking it out. Just can't do it when in a hurry. Thought I let you know as not sure if you like to hear.

Back