• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Inseam question

What is the correct way to measure one's inseam?

First off, I really like the TSA answer!

That out of the way, wearing low-cut shoes, measure the inside of your leg from the crotch down to where the fibula protuberance (that knobby, outside ankle bone) is at its lowest point and intersects the interior tape measure - that is your inseam. A truly accurate inseam measurement means measuring down the inside leg to a point level with an outside portion of your ankle - obviously, best done with assistance (neighbor was a tailor)!

Personally, I'd just go to the airport.

Good Luck! :german

Last edited:
Assuming you are talking for motorcycle gear, sitting on your bike with your knee bent in riding postion. (Generally about 2 inches longer than standing.)

Don't the gear sizing charts take into account the bent-knee dimension? Its been a year or so since I bought the last set of gear, but I think the picture showing how to take the measurements had the figure standing.:scratch

Tom

If you're looking at a size chart I'd generally say yes they have. Thought you were wondering about method for something like a Stich -their site actually has a tool to use.

If you're looking at a size chart I'd generally say yes they have. Thought you were wondering about method for something like a Stich -their site actually has a tool to use.

I hope to someday get to use that tool! I'd love a Stich!

Tom

Now that we have obtained the inseam measurement, to which side does the Gentleman "dress"?

TSA probably doesn't care ... I hope.

You'll need a bit longer inseam than you'd normally wear to account for the bend in your knees when riding. I wore my favorite jeans, mounted the bike, and had my better half measure from the bottom of the cuff to the top of my shoe. I then added that measurement to the measured inseam of the jeans and went with that as my inseam for riding pants.

Oh, and re: the TSA -- two words: Flying Pasties

Doesn't matter as long as you have all of your furniture in one room.

Yeah, but sometimes there just isn't enough room on one side of the room for the sofa.
09.gif

... two words: Flying Pasties

Yeahhh Baby!!! American enterprise at work!!!

Back