• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Track Day @ the Rally

Hey!

I haven't got my copy of BMW ON yet.

What should I do... cover my eyes? :brow

Ian
conflicted in Atlanta.

And... oh yeah... way to kick ass and take names, Lorazepam. This is sweet!

Some shots from the Trenton Track Day

Steve -- feel free to use these on the rally site if you'd like.

02_trackday1.jpg

02_trackday2.jpg

02_trackday3.jpg

Can't wait for this year's event!

Ian

It would be good to put a correction of the phone # into the announcement or a "sticky" here on the forum so people have the right number.

I just called Monte at 888-390-4020 ( correct #).
He said to use the website to signup and call if you have questions.

I just signed up for my first track days at Talladaga GP. Very easy to do on their website.I plan to signup for the Laps and Lunch.

They will have a registration on their site for the "Laps and Lunch" soon, he said

Thanks to all for getting this set up.

Doug

The phone # has been corrected on the web page.
One other item, they'll be providing a registration link. They're working on it as we type...

Steve

You Lucky Dogs!

shuber said:
All: Since the news is buried on page 3 of the old track thread we're starting a new one here.

Information on the track day and a special "laps and lunch" session is now posted here: http://bmwmoa.org/rally/rally05/trackday.htm

Steve Huber, '05 rally webmaster
Madison, WI

This is one of those times I wish I wasn't a vendor!!

All summer I get the "Gee, I wish I had YOUR job!" comments... you envious folks! But there are one or 2 times a year that I HATE being a vendor and having to work! I'd be signed up for this in a flash if I could!

Sue, I think your goal was to haveso many things to do at the National that people wouldn't mind not having Rocky Mtns Roads to ride during the day. Well, dammit!, You've done it now!!

The Track at Mid-Ohio is fantastic... I've watched some great races there over the years!!

Wouldn't somebody want to be Queen for a Day or at least Bag Lady for a Day and let me go ride the track??? :D

Helen (grumble grumble....)

Helen Twowheels said:
This is one of those times I wish I wasn't a vendor!! .....snip.....

Helen (grumble grumble....)
I feel the same, Helen. This will be the first national that I will wish I wasn't tied up at the Beer Garden. Would love to do a track day.

OK, Sue, now how do we get people to volunteer or will the committee chairs and vendors be the only ones left at the rally??? :dunno :D :D :D

tb :cry :cry who can't do a track day.

Tom,

I know it is just a *bit* out of the way but the Yankee Beemers are hosting a track day in May.

See www.yankeebeemers.org for more.

I look forward to my shift at your service with my fellow board members. :beer

Last year that was one of the best evenings of my rally. The highlight was when they decided to "cool me off" with the bucket of ice water.

I am surprised a photo never surfaced. :uhoh

Best,

Rob Nye

Rob Nye said:
Tom,....snip....
Last year that was one of the best evenings of my rally. The highlight was when they decided to "cool me off" with the bucket of ice water.

Best,

Rob Nye
Nice offer, Rob, but its one weekend too early for me. Final exams on the 2nd of May and an adult ed session on the weekend of your track day. After that I am free for most of the summer. :thumb

I'll try to have my camera ready this year for both the Board and the Forum. :D

tb

Back Protectors

I noticed on the STT web site that intermediate and advanced groups are required to wear back protectors (the padding inside a riding jacket doesn't count). There was no mention of this in the BMWMOA information. Does that mean we're considered novices and can get away without one? It may not matter since I've been thinking about buying one anyway, but I'd like to know what the official policy will be. Does anyone know for sure?

Grant
Rochester, NY

Back Protectors

grant said:
I noticed on the STT web site that intermediate and advanced groups are required to wear back protectors (the padding inside a riding jacket doesn't count). There was no mention of this in the BMWMOA information. Does that mean we're considered novices and can get away without one? It may not matter since I've been thinking about buying one anyway, but I'd like to know what the official policy will be. Does anyone know for sure?

Please contact Monte Lutz for this inquiry... His contact information is on the Rally Page.

Thanks!

STT Membership??

I'm so confused....
Anyway, it's asking for membership numbers and such for the "Laps and Lunch"...
Is there a way to sign up for this without going through all the motions that are needed with the full track day registration??

Also, the guy on the R90S was in my group at Trenton's track day.. Very cool photo... :twirl

track days can be fun. (can't make this one - just endorsing the idea)

Attachments

• Cliff at Grattan small 3 7.04.04.jpg
    Cliff at Grattan small 3 7.04.04.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 617
If you call them, you can get registered without stt membership. There is a button to push to get registered, but some computers cant see it.

Rob Nye said:
I look forward to my shift at your service with my fellow board members. :beer

So am I. I thought Mr. Feeler got a shot. You sure deserved it after all the water pistol ambushes!! :stick

Greg-check out your pics, the look of shock had to be "priceless"

No Taping Needed For Laps and Lunch

For newbies like me, I just wanted to let people know that I enquired about the requirement to tape the bike (glass etc) for the Laps and Lunch session. The answer I got back from Bonnie (of Sportbike Track Time) was that there was nothing I had to do to my bike for the Laps and Lunch session. Well that makes it pretty easy.

Almost Full

Talked to Monte yesterday, and there are less than 20 spaces left for the Track Day. I am sure that the laps and lunch will have many available spots, however if you want the lunch with the laps, you should register ahead of time.

Camping/parking at Mid Ohio

We are going to the rally in our RV from Cincinnati. For us it would be better to get to Mid Ohio on Wed night and then go the rally site from the track day. Is there any place to park/camp at the track?

PS I'll be hunting the sled dogs.

Back